Which is, in your opinion, the biggest problem in our current society?

Is that problem fixable?

Most Helpful Guy

• Selfishness, impatience, hipocracy, greed, I could keep going but I don't have the energy to right now, but the biggest, in my opinion, is intolerance.

What Guys Said 19

• Good question, We have lots of problems in society, but for me the one that makes me the SADDEST is the "gender war", initially i used to hate it when men and women despise each other to the extent where they end up hurting so much and destroying such a sacred bond, now i'm just filled with sadness when i read comments about gender related issues, my own personal belief is that men and women belong together and need each other more than we know, i feel it with my wife, yes i can be strong and independent and successful but when you strip all that away, i still need her (my heart cries out for her when i'm not with her, and not in a sexual way) and she tells me the same, that deep love was something i believe was created by some higher level of consciousness and given to us as a gift to our world.

• I completely agree. Im missing my wonderful boyfriend right now. Sucks lol.

As for gender wars, it is a sad reality, but there might b something that lifts ur mood:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11083-how-to-make-the-man-stay

A very, in my opinion, well written MyTake :)

• Oh thank u. I will read it. And congratulations dad!! :D

• thank you so much, yip i'm going to be a dad, no super dad, whoo hoo! :)

• There are two:
    - Global climate change
    - Social inequality

Both are huge problems because they're not just individual problems. They're only main problems that bring along hundreds of ugly and very destructive consequences. For example the global climate change is not a problem just because the world gets warmer but because the climate becomes more extreme (floods, hurricanes, droughts etc.), because animals and plants die out and so forth. The same goes for social inequality.

And yes, both of these problems are man-made, which means that can could be solved. However, both problems will not be solved (in fact, they will become even much worse in the future) because rich and powerful countries and people actively or passively work against solutions being applied. In both cases solution are available but they are deliberately not being applied. As for climate change, it might in fact already be too late.

• It is a lack of unconditional love and reverence towards all life everywhere. Everything else would follow if we could just get to this one core value and life-lesson, because to truly have and live this means all the other undeniably true and good values must present as well. Such as respect, kindness, caring, tenderness, equality, and compassion. Can this be instilled/learned/remembered? Yes, but it will likely take many generations, and remembering that we are in fact ALL spiritual Beings having a physical experience, and that in truth we are all One. This is the first layer of the onion of truth that we must collectively "peel", but if we can get to this one truth, then the rest will follow in due course.

• The main problem with society is the lack of real parenting. People are having kids way too young. Parents are afraid of declining their children in any way. The rate absentee parents has been on the rise for many years. Many parents expect the school system to parent their children and many of the same parents do not take an active role in their children's education. Those issues are just the tip of the ice berg.

When it comes right down to it, far too many parents have been failing their kids and it's been a growing issue for generations. It has created a vicious cycle where people who grew up with failed parents, end up failing their children and the cycle repeats itself.

Sure, it can be fixed. But, the real question is, do people care enough to fix it?

• Well in MY country and MY society, the biggest problem nowadays is the same problem that we have had since 1948, it's the Israeli Zionist occupation.

Worldwide, well I would say that the biggest problem is the western governments ( the USA and the UK mainly) putting their noises into other people's business.

• Corruption that puts too much weight on innocent irrelevant people (gov, elites, corporate interests), lack of God and hedonistic lifestyles... unplanned children born outside of marriage (yes these are breeders of murderers, rapists, and all sorts of criminals 95 plus percent of prisoners) children raised by loving educated parents founded on God is the best investment a country can make for a wealthy strong nation,.

It's lack of godlessness. Not talking about religion if u know enough to differentiate.

• All issue of the world are from the heart, ungodly desires becoming a demand for supply to happen. Even grain fed marble beef contributes to pollution, corrupts thr natural presence of omega 3 oils in beef from natural cows thar feed on grass etc. All issues come from the human heart.

Another huge issue is education not based on truth. Causes disorder in the psyche, kills the earth and creates fear and distrust all leading to brokenness and conformity and not in a good way

• Intolerance - Can it be fixed, yes - Does it want to be fixed, I don't know?

• The two party system here in america is stupid and full of corruption. Then you got the voters who are ignorant of economics voting and voting with their feelings instead of their heads. So ignorance of the average voter and the stupidity of out politicsl system.

• Overcrowding/entitling everyone resources when we can't grow enough to accommodate.

Plus, rewarding people doing mediocre jobs. An idiot can live a comfortable lifestyle by filling in Quickbooks all day. It gives them no reason to stay motivated or learn new skills. Soon those jobs will be automated and the idiots will be unskilled, but damn if they learn something new. And if they do, it will have to be through some costly training/education that someone else will pick up the tab for. Heaven forbid they train themselves.

• Industrialization. Almost all of our contemporary problems source from it, and the system won't go away until it collapses under its own bloated weight.

• corrupt politicians, in my opinion. it is fixable but not likely to happen any time soon.

• Yes. Because why not?

• Individualism

• I have to say racism is the biggest problem in society right now. I believe God is the only one who can cure that kind of stupidity.

• The pride movement

• The lack of compassion. Is it fixable 99.9% no.

• the media.

• Narrow mindedness.
    Yeah everyone thinks they're open minded but they really aren't

• The biggest problem with humans right now is that we were given a brain, and we managed to get quite far with it in terms of scientifical knowledge, yet we still think that every single person deserves to live. On the other side of the scale is the ever growing population of the earth which is already far beyond what the earth can naturally sustain.

As nature would have it, survival of the fittest keeps a natural balance between all species, but the human race has grown beyond that and developed many ways for the unfit to survive too. This is an issue.

We have grown up in a world of ethics and political correctness, making it impossible for anyone to justly decide who lives and who doesn't. We are also not at a stage where anyone is actually clever enough to make that decision anyway.

Marriage equality and by that the acceptance of homosexuality is a very minor but good step towards "fixing" it, but there's a lot of work to do still.

What Girls Said 5

• there are a lot of problems with society atm. None of it is fixable because there are to many closed minded mouth breathers that hate change.

• Liberalism

• Social inequality and discrimination.

• Ah. ISIS. They're pissing me off.

• the economy is.