How to prevent cavities?

I got my teeth cleaned today and they said it was just a stain and could develop cavities. and its all from a retainer. Whats the best soultion to clean my retainers and keeping my teeth cleaned.

Most Helpful Girl

• Brush 2-5x a day. Rinse after you ready at least. And clean your retainers with your tooth brush and paste every morning when you take them out. And don't eat, drink anything besides like water, or put them in unless you've brushed.

What Guys Said 2

• Cavities are cause by acid that is a byproduct when the bacteria in your mouth digest carbohydrates. To prevent cavities minimize the amount of carbohydrates you eat, and when you do eat them make sure you clean off your teeth, preferably brushing.

If you ate a steak that didn't have any kind of sugary sauce or marinade, for example, you wouldn't need to clean your teeth afterwards because a steak is only fat, water, and protein, no carbs.

• So, what kind of acid?

• But still do brush your teeth after meals to prevent yellowing (if that's a concern) and overall oral health.
      But most importantly to avoid bad breath, lol

• I googled - I don't know if this will help
    www.webmd.com/.../care-of-braces-retainers

What Girls Said 3

• Eat cheese and drink milk.

• For my retainers I use Efferdent. its meant to clean dentures, but it works the same on retainers.

• maybe constantly brush your teeth immediately after meal. I used to have braces