What do you think about BET (Black Entertainment Television) giving Bill Cosby a Lifetime Achievement Award?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally don't think it's that smart but because he hasn't been proven guilty they don't really have a reason not to give it to him. He has done a lot for TV and especially POC in entertainment, that's just true.
    I believe they'll take it away if more stuff comes to light but for now they don't have a reason not to.

There are tons of people who are awful people who have awards. Unfortunately they can't give awards for being a great person. And though I don't think it's right, if you do what you do better than anyone else then you get an award.

What Girls Said 5

• He got an award from BET. Good for him. If you're trying to subtly mention the fact that he's been accused of raping a lot of women, it depends on what you believe.

I listen to facts and the facts are that a lot of women have said he did, he says he didn't, and there's no proof. What annoys me most is the fact that established people like Janet Jamison didn't say something when they were well off in their career and still held onto it if it was true.

It's just so sad.

• Well, at one time (many decades ago) he was very funny. And he has achieved quite a bit during his lifetime. So I'd guess he actually deserves an award.

• I think its a good idea.

• It distorts real issues people of color are facing and gives in to the idea of the "American Dream" while ignores heavy criminalization of black communities and how there is a lack of resources given to them

• its nice i think.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't when anyone of any race or gender is under suspicion you should hold off on giving awards

• despite whatever he's done, his work will always be remembered.

It's similar to Mel Gibson, you can hate him for his views, but him as an actor and a director is still good and i still enjoy his movies

• Personally? Whatever. Have they finally stopped calling him a pedophile now?

• Well deserved in my opinion.

• He deserved it. Most of you have memories as long as your dicks, knowledge of history as long as mine (shorter) and the capacity to think logically of a house cat. He achieved when racism was real and sees his decedents crippled by government largess, entitlement mentality and ignorance. Blame your 75% illegitimacy and hideous crime rates on whitey and the Confederate battle jack and keep pumping out thugs and inmates, half of which you abort while Latinos take the jobs you feel are beneath you. And when the welfare money runs out, and the home invasions start, we will be grateful the NSA defended our gun rights. Do you feel me, bro'?