What is your favorite movie which debuted in the 1990's?

Remember, this means a movie that debuted in theaters in the 1990's (a true 90's movie.)

Anyway, there were some legendary movies in this decade but my favorite 1990's movie has to be "Liar Liar" starring Jim Carrey. The movie still has me doubled over in pain laughing, even after 30-40 times seeing it. It's still my favorite comedy of all time. I know I know... I didn't mention "Titanic", "The Shawshank Redemption", "Matilda" or "Forrest Gump" as my favorite 90's movie. Be surprised!

What about you guys?

@whattothink Very well detailed response. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Too many to count. Pretty much any teen movie (aka She's All That, Drive Me Crazy, Never Been Kissed, and the like). Twister. Sandlot. That's all I can think of for now.

• I always thought "Twister" was overrated. I liked it but I don't see why people praised it so much. I hated the movie "Never Been Kissed" and "The Sandlot" is a legendary movie.

What Girls Said 7

• Such a tough question. Cruel Intentions is always good, as is Drive Me Crazy. Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet is probably my favorite 90's movie of all time. Oh! And Independence Day! The Fifth Element... so many. Too many 90's movies to count. That decade will be remembered long and forever in history as one of the greats,

• Maybe 10 things I hate about you (1999, I think)

• Yes, it debuted in 1999.

I've still never seen that movie.

• Is Heath Ledger the one who died not too long ago? I really don't know him at all.

• I'm a big fan so I just automatically assume everyone knows him! :P Yeah, he died a little while ago, he played the Joker in Batman (I'm not a big fan of Batman though...), and William in A Knight's Tale (which is another great film that I highly recommend - though it was 2001, not 90's.).

• The Lion King. #NaaaaansteIgonya

• Starship troopers!!

Would you like to know more?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faFuaYA-daw

• My favorites are all of those movies based on John Grisham novels. At least I think the majority of them were shot in the 90s.

• The other sister. It was so romantic and funny. It was different from any other movie I've seen.

• The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109045/

What Guys Said 6

• Forrest Gump. It's also my favorite movie over all.

• The Usual Suspects (1994)

• Alien3 Not sure it's a 'true 90s movie' but ti came out in 92.

• It would be The Matrix.

• Happy Gilmore, one of the best movies ever made

• Friday was the most hilarious comedy movie of the 90's.

• The "Friday" series is funny but I always thought those movies are a little overrated too. I did think the first one was the best.