Can u tell what does this sentence mean?

In the desert you can remember your name,
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain.

Most Helpful Guy

• Assuming this is not Jaden Smith's words of wisdom, I shall try to decipher it.
    It sounds like it means that alone (in the desert) you can remember who you truly are and can reflect on yourself (remember your name). Often times people will try to discourage you or ridicule you which will pressure into change to try and conform to their standards. (Ain't no one for to give you no pain).

So it is basically talking about how people force change on others via insults and talking crap about them. The only time you can be yourself is when you are by yourself.

• MHO MHO MHO
      This is the only one that makes sense and hits a target.

• Thanks for the anakysis, I really needed it :*

• Yep no problem! I guess all those high school poems I had to analyze helped me out for once :D

What Guys Said 3

• it's da lyrics from da song "A Horse Without Name" from America

• yeah but what does it mean?

• yup i see what you mean but there's the second sentence:
      it is quite mysterious

• There's nobody there 2 SHARE yer pain maybe? Basically u can ask songwritter himself via mail... i believe he's still alive

• Lyrics from: Horse with no Name: It's in the desert you can't remember you name. The second line finishes the thought, you can't remember your name because there ain't no one there to give you pain. It backwoods talk.

• I think it means when you are on your own , noone can hurt you

What Girls Said 3

• It means that there is no one in the desert that can hurt you

• They are lyrics, most dont make much sense...

• it's not Justin bieber's or 1 direction's. This is America the classic rock band? you've heard about it? it's classic and legendary. they don't don't do random or trivial ;)

• yeah it makes perfect sense, what do you think about this: bay baby bay oh my baby baby baybe... like 4 to 5 times, i think this makes bullshit sense xD

• I agree completely, i dont even know what song your referencing...

• I don't even think thats in proper English, it sounds broken with really poor grammar.

• it is actually taken from a song ''a horse with no name " so xD

• doesn't* you have no idea don't you? xD

• English ain't my forté