How to deal with a bad itchy back?

My dad's back itches a lot. Is there a way he could treat it? I've looked up many diseases that he could potentially have, and he shows no symptoms of either. Turns out he just has a insanely dry/itchy back. Are there any home remidies I could tell him about? I tried the cool ice treatment, It isn't working so well for him.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Well, he could try over- the- counter Cortisone cream
    it can be bought almost anywhere and really not expensive
    it does relieve itching and i had something on my arm
    that was itchy and wouldn't go away so that was the only
    cream that helped me

• A good moisturiser for dry skin

What Girls Said 2

• Does he have a lot of pimples/ingrown hairs on his back? If so, he can get his back waxed to reduce the number of bumps. A red light tanning bed session can also be helpful.

• He does have a lot of pimples, and a lot of hair as well. Back waxing may help! Are there any risks with back waxing?

• It hurts like hell. Possibly wax burns, but if you go to a reputable salon, this shouldn't be an issue.

• If it's because of dryness he just needs a good moisturizer. He can even use exema ones or medicated ones for extra long lasting moisture.