Am I Of Chinese Descent?

If my grandmother is 1/8 Chinese, can I say that I am Chinese descent?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, because even though it's just a very small part of you, you still have some Chinese in you, just don't say it like you're 100% Chinese.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, you are of Chinese descent, of course. But, it is far from being a significant proportion of your ancestry.

• Your ancestry is made up all different types of origins with chinese being one of them

• Yes. But it would be so insignificant that it would be silly of you to start saying that you identify as Chinese and that you understand what it's like to be Chinese.

• That means you're only 1/32 Chinese. Mention it if asked about your ancestry, but don't proclaim yourself to be of Chinese descent in normal conversation. You have one Chinese great great great grandparent.

• Yes, you are.

• if ur grandmother is 1/8 and then ur mother is 1/16 and u are 1/32 assuing no one else in the blood line is chinese.. what do u think? is 1/32 a significant amount

• Yes, as long as you are a blood relative to her. Ie. No adoption between you and her

• You're 3% Chinese. Pretty insignificant

• Your parent would be 1/16 Chinese. You would be 1/32 Chinese.

What Girls Said 4

• Sure but you have to put all other descents you are, not just Chinese.

• kinda like kate beckinsale

• You're only 6% Chinese. You can claim descent if you want who cares.

• no you are not.