Found my boss crying at work and I'm not sure what to do?

I work at the Fine Arts Center of my school, which rents out the space to dance and theater companies. My boss is the technical director of the building, but the current group there is also the theater group he works for. He's the stage manager for them and his girlfriend is the costume designer. They have been fighting at work all week and tonight they had a massive blowout. I was doing a walkthrough and I saw him in the hallway crying. I asked if he was okay and he said yes, but clearly he wasn't. I asked if I could go on my break because I figured he wouldn't want me there. He said yes, so I did. I've been back for twenty minutes now and things seemed to have calmed down. I haven't seen him since, but if I do, how should I react? I was tempted to ask him if I could give him a hug when I saw him crying, but I didn't want to undermine him. I don't know if I should ask if there's anything I can do for him or whether I should just leave him alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Next time you are talking just mentionif he ever feels the need to REALLY talk you are there,

What Guys Said 4

• Just go to him next time when you are under 4 eyes and tell him if he needs someone to talk, he can come to you. Don't push it upon him though. He still is your boss and it should be his decision to make.

• Lelelel dont give a married man a hug silly. Unless ur reallly tempting for the pickle 😘

• Talk to him and ask him if he needs a hug and if he needs someone to talk to that he can go to you.

• Tell him to "Butch Up and stop taking whatever it is Like a baby!!!"

What Girls Said 3

• You are a TERRIBLE person. You saw your boss crying so you asked him if yo could slack off? hopefully you get what you deserve and something horrible happens to you.

• I figured he didn't want me to witness his girlfriend being fired. Imagine how he felt that me and his whole dance company witnessed their drama? The last thing he needed was for his subordinate to witness more drama. It's not like I "slacked off" on my break, considering I used it to drive to the liquor store and buy him some beer...

• Don't get involved and ask that.

• you should talk to him.