How can I keep my inner thighs from getting darker because they constantly rub against each other?

How do women with no thigh gap wear skirts everyday? Aren't your inner thighs darker because of the constant rubbing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Wearing shorts underneath is helpful. If I can't find the right shorts, I buy a pair of leggings and cut them to where I want them, so that I can wear them beneath skirts or dresses. Surprisingly, putting deodorant between your thighs helps too - the slickness creates less friction, so they don't rub together quite as much.

This powder by lush is very good at keeping the skin there soft and preventing rubbing so that they don't get darker: https://www.lush.co.uk/products/silky-underwear I'm sure you'd be able to find cheaper alternatives too. Things like talcum powder (not sure how you spell it) are useful.

There's also a few home remedies for you to try and lighten the skin if it really does bother you. I think the one that I'd most recommend is this:

- Mix 1 tbsp of honey with juice from half a lemon and 1 tsp of sugar.
    - Apply the paste of the inner thighs and gently scrub in circular motions till sugar disappears.
    - Let it stay for 10 minutes and then wash it off with water.

But of course, I should point out that inner thighs are pretty much always darker. It happens to men and to women, it's just when your thighs rub together. Having your thighs rub together isn't a bad thing at all, it's pretty common, it happens to most people. So you definitely shouldn't feel bad about it. No one really cares if your thighs are darker and hey, chances are if someone's getting between your thighs close enough to see that there's some skin discoloration, they're just going to be happy that they're there at all, they're not going to give a damn about whether your inner thighs are darker than the rest of you. So don't worry about it :) <3

• Thanks for the MHO :) I should also mention that that home remedy is one of your best bets because sugar is a natural exfoliator, honey helps moisturise the skin and lemon reduces pigmentation. Good luck :)

What Guys Said 4

• It might be actual color cause the skin color in your inner thighs can be
    darker than any other part of one's body. You might be able to get skin
    lightener but i don't know much ,, inner thighs color is usually normally
    darker i know lot girls it was darker and even for me it is as a male.

• But my armpits would also get darker if I wear sleeveless tops... I thought it must be because of the rubbing of the skin

• Don't some girls wear cycling shorts

• Why don't you have a thigh gap?

• Not everyone has a thigh gap. It depends on how thick your thighs are, but also on the way your hips are set.

• but people do that all the time to everyone woman do it to them as well woman will 10-15 minutes less masculine if they're smaller. they may not say it directly but they said disingenuously. they might constantly look at him to see how tall they are compared to him. women do the same thing that you're suggesting to men

• I've just noticed your comment on bugger girls on another question. Good to know how rude you are. Welcome to my blocked list, little boy.

• I know you are asking ho to prevent it, but I'm here to tell you that having darker inner thighs isn't a big deal. A guy/gal may find it more attractive.

What Girls Said 3

• Mine aren't darker, but I still usually wear shorts or spandex under skirts. Though, I mainly do that to prevent people from seeing what they shouldn't in case it moves up or something.

• coconut oil!! It soothes them too, just rub a little on before you wear a skirt or shorts and it won't hurt when they rub together.

• wear pants.