I hate Facebook, do you hate Facebook?

It's great way to find out that most of the people you know are vapid morons.
I hate Facebook, do you hate Facebook?

• Yes I do, can't stand the attention whoring
  • No, I love being bombarded with pointless information and being constantly reminded that everyone I know are into idiotic bullshit and ignore anything of substance.
  • I don't got no facebook derr
  • Yo bro it's all about fuckbook...
I should of titled the question as "Do you find Facebook annoying?"
I guess I might as well add this to the discussion - The most disappointing thing about Facebook for me is the lack of interest from people (who are supposedly my friends) on valid issues or posts.

I posted a personal article that was well written and thought-out hoping to get some advice or thoughts on it but no one acknowledged it.

Than I took the same post, put on here in the Mytakes and it was promoted to the front page within hours and ended up with 30+ replies in a couple days.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually really like Facebook. You think of the people you hate, but my friends on Facebook like my highschool friends are people who I really liked, but not talk to anymore because we separated our ways, but it's still nice to see what they've been up to and congratulate them if they achieved something.
    I also see what my nieces and grandmother from Portugal have been up to. I'm interested in people's lives and people only post happy things and it makes me happy if other people are happy.
    I also like the newsfeed that comes around. Fashion tips, jokes etc.
    So yeah, I guess it's not something for everyone, but I really like it. I check it at least once a day (not that often though).

• I'd have to erase all the questionable people I've added if I wanted to use it to connect with my family (mother's side is Portuguese) but I know I'd be bombarded with questions revolving around getting a career and starting a family so I'd rather avoid that torment and just see them on family reunion every 5 years or so...

• Depends with who you're friends with...

• I was planning on going back to school so it might be useful for getting to know people & being able to be tracked-down by classmates - but that's a big "if".

And most of the people I've befriended on that site are just strangers or ex-friends I don't have strong connections with (at least not anymore).

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm completely neutral to it. It has its good points and bad points.
    Good points
    -Can communicate with friends you don't have numbers for
    -Useful for making homework groups
    -When you have a crush and feel like creeping
    -Most people on there are cool and tell you interesting things about their life. The pie is a lie.

Bad points
    -You could be getting creeped on at this very moment. Like right now.
    -That feeling when you accidentally "like" someone's 4 year old post
    -All the people with baby pictures as their profiles. I'm just like "Oh look... John turned into a baby"
    -All the really attached couples that post pictures of everything they do on it
    -That guy with bad grammar and lots of swear words that complains about everything and how people are fake
    -That person who makes a shady reference to someone like "Omg. I thought this one girl was my best friend (totally not naming names cause biatch you know who are) but turns out she is a poser. Now I know who like my like real friends are like right now." Yeah, seeing those on facebook are awkward.

• Your bad points outweigh your good points, let me add to it
      - Getting in touch with old friends or people you lost contact with.
      - Sharing worthwhile achievements or good news with everyone all at once.
      - Getting an idea where someone is at in their current life & learn about someone you know or don't know that well (if they are not creating a facade... but let's face it everyone is lying on there to a certain extent)

The Bad - Attention whoring & liking/linking/posting too much.

There's more that I could add but I just don't feel like it.

What Girls Said 24

• I fuckin' hate Facebook so fuckin' much. I started up my profile in March 2007, and after a series of small deactivations, finally ditched it for good earlier this year and will never go back on it. I couldn't stand the friend-finding of fake people, the attention-seeking, the duckfacing, the cleavage-showing (all from female friends who were as modest as a nun otherwise), and guys who found it funny to post extremely inappropriate shit on their timeline. I hated the updates and the security changes and how every time something happened I had to babysit my privacy settings. Worst of all, I hated how Facebook actually ruined some lives of some of my friends and nearly ruined my own with some of the backtalk in private messages and the way people publicly communicated how their lives were with me or with others.

Worst of all, I hated how I constantly was up for socializing with friends, sent messages and even invited phone calls to catch up and although just about everyone was saying they were in the mood to do things, hardly ever got out of their pajamas only to stay at home and keep surfing Facebook rather than have an actual friendship with the people they consider "friends".

Fuckin' Facebook. I hope everyone quits in the near future and Facebook's stock tanks.

• It's a joke, it was a joke along that's why I'm glad I avoided it and didn't have to experience that kind of stupidity.

• Lol, I voted the 1st choice although I really don't "hate Facebook.". It just doesn't really interest me all that much. I have a Facebook mainly for the sake of keeping in touch with people, keeping informed about the news, and being exposed to foreign perspectives and discoveries. Facebook is fascinatingly beautiful and amazing in the way that you can share HUNDREDS of lines of thoughts with strangers. It's actually quite fucking awesome. But other than that, it has it's social politics which I find to be stupid, tiring, and pointless. Facebook complicates life if you don't maintain a good online reputation especially if you're job searching!

• I thinks it's a terrible place to get news from and there are much better alternatives. I transformed my troll account into a real one a few months ago to get into contact with some people I use to know and I've been very disappointed/underwhelmed with the results.

• What were you hoping for?

• I don't want much when it comes to people (unlike how I use to be). I just want - loyalty and honesty, but it's got to be earned to a certain extent I just want to be able to trust the people I'm with.

• You mean fame book?

A great majority of people think they are celebrities on that site. They feel t

• the need to constantly update their status , post pics and add tons of people they don't know.
      I'm over Facebook and I do not take part in the community.

• This times 1000! I am guilty when it comes to adding strangers but it's a site that lost all credibility so I don't care - also I don't post anything disparaging or detrimental to my privacy/image.

Besides Facebook is known for doing some dodgy things with peoples personal information, so why would I post anything legitimate of myself or release personal info?

• You're right ! Why would you? At least u have common sense haha

• It's quite annoying but I still use it to keep in touch with friends who live far away from me, I hate how some people post 27 selfies on there everyday and keep bragging about how they have 3578 friends while they actually don't know a single one of them tho.

• I think Facebook died out where I live XD no one even mentions it anymore. If someone says "Do you wanna see my FB", everyone stares at them like they came out of the stone age. I can't give a specific opinion because I've never used it but, I think it was decent while it lasted :)

• Yas baby👄 i wanna see dat Faceboob 💋

• That's a pretty creepy reply for a man to give to a tween... I guess it's all fun and games until you become a sex-offender. lol

• Yeah XD I suppose so

• I had Facebook then I quit because one thing I didn't like about Facebook was I remmbered it had to many ads and there were creepy things that would happin on there were a guy who I think 40s or 30s who had a family would poke me on Facebook and I didn't know who he was and one of my old teammates from softball and her sister would answer creepy questions about me like if I would propose or creepy questions like would they lick me and one of them would poke me on Facebook and that's why i got of Facebook and stayed away from it and plus I remember my newsfeed used to be invaded with tons of curse words and cursing so that's why I don't go on Facebook but I resintly used Facebook again but I only used to like things from music artists or people in general on Twitter who wanted me to like there Facebook pages

• To me it's a joke and I sometimes send random friend request to people out of boredom and if they turn out to not be uninteresting or post too much I either unfollow them or unfriend them. I just find it useless because I'm kind of anti-social and the few people I'm in steady contact with I don't use Facebook to talk to them (it's either in person or on the phone) so for me the site essentially pointless.

• I think Facebook is just not as good as Twitter or other social media sites and when I first used Facebook I tried to friend people I didn't know because I thought I knew them but I didn't know them but I had once used Facebook to stay in touch with friends I all ready knew but then they for got who I was on Facebook and they went of to college

• I LOATHE Facebook. Its evil evil evil evil. GAG is where it's at👍

• Facebook is annoying but I still have an account to talk with mom if I'm out and if there happened something important in school we have a class group to inform each other.

• I hate it for so many reasons and one being people brag too much on fb. I deleted mine 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made.

• yes i hate facebook!! its annoying af

• I had a Facebook but I had one for a few days but I didn't like it. It was confusing to me, maybe because I wasn't on there a long time :/

• i made an account.. haven't used it for months.. not even opened it.. it is just boring

• The only thing I like about facebook are the fb pages (about humor, fashion, beauty, interior design, movies, tv show, food). I don't go on it to socialize or check what people have to say or their life updates.

• I like facebook because i communicate with my family on it.. Almost all of my family around the world has it so yes bc i love getting in touch with them there is no problem.. I only add my family and i have 3 friends on it

• Here's everyone saying they hate it and im like addicted to it :L hahahha -.-

• Don't have one.
    If anyone hates it then they should just delete their account.

• I really don't care for it but I use it to keep in touch with a couple of my long-distance friends... It's the only way I can.
    And if it weren't for FB I would've never met them, so that's good. :)

• Facebook is okay. I don't hate it but I do find it annoying when people I don't like or care about try adding me. It's a little awkward rejecting a current classmate or colleagues request.

That chart is hilarious though! I've had to reject quite a few people who think we can be Facebook friends when we aren't friends offline. I need to do my annual Facebook purge this November.

• I don't care about the semantics, I'll add or accept anyone who looks interesting. I find the whole thing pointless but also my account started off as a troll one so we have a completely different attitude most likely.

It's just a giant joke to me, because most people on there I use to know I have no interest in actually talking to, the only beneficial thing that I can think of since changing my account around is getting the numbers of cool people I hung out with (or hang out with) so I can talk to them later. Other than that it's a complete waste of time.

• It all comes down to why you're on Facebook to begin with.

• I used to hate it, but now I love it again

• So you hate it because no one acknowledged what you said?

• Yeah, no one likes to be ignored but what am I to expect - I'm not that close to anyone on there and those who I am close with in real life barely use the site.

• I know how you feel... But I still like it

• I don't hate it but I find it quit boring

• I don't even have an account on fb. It's rather pointless being part of a social networking service when I have the exact amount of zero friends.

• You're not missing out on much.

• I don't like fb, but I still have it for uni, the group chats and things help with study.

• its just something people do to communicate. Its not meant to be a big deal. Your doing the most

• I wanted to use it for different purposes but now I've changed my mind.

• I don't like it.

What Guys Said 15

• It is option B for me - All my friends have young kids - So I was getting posts all about what kids were doing - Stopped checking Facebook months ago

• Glad you enjoyed the sarcasm!

• Hell yeah I hate Facebook. It's the sorriest excuse for a social networking site I've ever seen. When I first joined back in 2005, the first people to add me was a bunch of ass-munching idiots I went to high school with, who never even spoke to me back then. I decided to accept their meaningless Friend Requests just to see how pathetic their lives were a year after graduation and I wasn't even slightly surprised. All they ever posted was a bunch of vague, attention-whoring Status Updates and stupid pics -- trying to pass themselves off as thugs, ballers and video vixens. Fucking hilarious.

Another thing I hate about Facebook is their lame-ass games. The only types of games they have are slot/casino games, bubble popping games, and a bunch of other unappealing shit that looks like it was designed by 2nd Graders.

One more thing that pisses me off is that people can add me to Groups -- that I want no part of -- without permission. The main types of Groups I tend to get added to are Roast Groups and "Rate Me" Groups. The former is for dumb-asses who have nothing better to do with their lives than troll complete strangers, and the latter is for insecure people who obviously need validation from thirsty twats who think of nothing but sex 24/7.

• The Group thing is very annoying, I keep getting added to awful porn redirecting groups...

• I haven't been on FaceBook for months. I was sick and I tired of it all. I was fed up with the pointless status' and the game invites.

• I never get game invites... lets hope it stays that way.

• I don't like Facebook. I'm only on Facebook because basically all my friends use it and will not use another social network, but Facebook itself can go jump in a lake. I have about 80 friends, I delete everyone who dares to fill my feed with daily selfies and attention whoring.

• I actually recently had mine deleted a couple months ago. No regrets.

• i love face book! why won't you pay attention to me !!!

meh its ok i guess i just use ti to keep up with freinds and work : )

• Don't use Facebook and never have.

• I had a facebook hiatus last for 3.5 years once. I logged back on because my friends were bugging me about it.

• I don't hate it. I just don't use it because I have like no friends lol

• Most of those people don't have any real friends because they behave fake 24/7... besides it's just all a show anyways to look or appear cooler & more successful than what you actually are?

• The company that runs facebook can careless about the poeple on it they only care about you going on more webpages so that they will get more money from the advertisements that they put on there.

• Had it, deleted it because I didn't use it since I made it.

• gotta admit I hate FB... although I appreciate it has its good points... it ain't for me.

• That pie chart is golden.

• no, i like it. i reckon people are envious, and lack ability to be kindly to their friends.

• Ah that isn't the problem that people have with the site. It's usually privacy complaints and lack of quality content (because some friends post junk).

• It's not that I hate it, it's that I find it annoying. Not like I can ever contact anyone on there.