Rape vs dealing hard drugs?

What's worse?

Okay so weird question, May seem random so first some backstory

Okay so I play mtg. There's quite a buzz going around atm.

During a competitive level event, there was a former convicted rapist playing. Nobody knew, and someone either ay the event or on stream knew and leaked the info.

Okay so the crime happened 8 years ago and he did his time. There was an outcry and he got banned from ever playing competitively until 2049

Okay.

Now there's another guy. This guy's a pro player, and a writer for various magic sites. Convicted of trafficking ecstasy and went to prison for a long time. He's still allowed to play to this day. It also seems like the company tried to bury it because this isn't that well known

Thoughts

I expect this to be gender divided.
Bump.

Most Helpful Girl

• It should be a standard bann for any felony. Rape effects and possibly ruins one persons life and their family. Whereas dealing Drugs could lead to many overdoses or perminante damage to people effecting themselves and their families. So in that view point dealing looks worse.
    However, if a woman gets raped by a man she wasn't aware of it being a possibility when she woke up that day. A person who chooses to by drugs knows there is that small chance it could be bunk or the time that it's too much and the risk involved. That view point rape seems worse.
    I'd say rape is worse in my mind simply because it's a violent crime which may contribute to such a lengthy bann.

What Girls Said 5

• One guy is trafficking drugs, giving people what they want.
    The other guy forced someone down and raped them.
    It's not the same, rape is the worst thing you could do to someone. If you kill someone they're dead. But raping someone means they'll live with that memory and pain for the rest of their life (while the rapist usually gets a minor sentence and can think about what he did and get off to it anytime he wants)

• Obviously rape is far worse!! Someone was forced to have sex and is traumatized for likely the rest of their life because of another person's selfish actions. A victim of rape never had a choice. Deciding do to drugs and sell drugs is a choice.

• I think rape is worse because the victim does not choose to be raped.

Drug addicts are bad but they choose to buy drugs from you - they could have gone to the hospital to get morphine so that they can overcome their addictions.

• Rape is worse.

• kinda strange how they play favourites like that

What Guys Said 4

• I think the rapist will be frowned upon more rather than a guy done for ectasy now if he was murderer it would be interesting. Personally I would ban them both the ectasy was done for trafficking that is not selling a few tabs at a club.

• Rape is primal evil. Drugs are business.

What I'm wondering now is what would happen to the guy convicted of selling date-rape drugs

• I'd go with rape.