I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative , did I take it too early?

It's been 3 weeks since I last had sex. So I decided to buy a pregnancy test from Walmart (Equate). It came out negative but I'm very sure that I am. I've been having back pain, cramps , and discharge. Yes the sex was unprotected. And I'm not on any birth control. My next period should be in a week in half. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should wait until a week after your period is late before you waste money on a pregnancy test. They don't even work that early.
    And hear symptoms could just be in your head, or symptoms of ovulation.
    Whenever I think I'm pregnant (like every month) I always think that my boobs aching or a crampy feeling or discharge or mood is because I'm pregnant

What Guys Said 4

• Some detect 4 days before missed period or 7 days after comnception

• This one was 4 or 5 days after your missed period

• Than you should be fine... anyways if there's still doubt just purchase another and test... this way you'll have extra time to detect the hormone

• Wait a few more days and then try again.

• congratz on fucking local chad bare.

• If ur period doesn't come, ur probably pregnant

What Girls Said 4

• You're just going to have to wait. It sucks, I know. But there just aren't a lot of pregnancy tests that work that early.

• Wait a week and take a new one. They're most accurate right when you're due for your period

• Your not pregnant its too early to get back pain.. You said your period is coming up thats why your getting cramps.. And discharge increases and decreases all the time... Usually you should take a test after two weeks of having sex so your not pregnant...

• Nope, 3 weeks should be fine. Though if your period is late take another test.