Why do people down-vote and get mad over proven facts?

There have been several times where people got their feelings hurt over something I posted, and I'm sorry for that, but it's not like I can take it back because the stuff I post is true. If I say, "The Bible says so and so.", you can feel free to get mad at me and down-vote me but it really is in the Bible and I can show you where it says that. It's not just atheists either, I've had people who call themselves Christians get mad at me because I point out what is really in the Bible. I'm sorry, but as a Christian I'm here to tell you the Bible is written quite literally like a history book, it is not open to interpretation, and half the crap your preachers have told you probably isn't even in there.

Another thing that people get mad about is when I post scientific facts that are not politically correct. One example is that I'll point out men are physically stronger, faster, see more frames per second, have invented more stuff, etc. Well yeah you can call that sexist and down-vote me but it doesn't change the facts. All of this stuff has been proven using the scientific method and it's also been proven that no amount of practice or exercise can compensate for the differences. I'm sorry, I wish we lived in a perfect world where everybody had the same amount of money and was the same height and had the same strength and... wait, no I don't, fuck that.

My point is, don't shoot the messenger, because it doesn't do any good. I did not create the universe and make it so males are inherently better at so many things than females. I did not write the Bible. So why do you get mad at me for telling you how physics work or what the Bible says? It's not like I can change it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• It's the law of butthurt.

P. S atheists piss me off too. Many act high and might like they want to win a Nobel prize or something. You can't see oxygen but you know it's there right?

• Haters gonna hate. Let 'em.
    They think that by downvoting they can 'change' the facts or possibly change how people think..
    Ignore them, if they don't listen then their loss.
    'Knowledge Is Power.'

• Maybe it's not what you post but how you word it. I know this question whenight be factual (I don't know) it comes off as very cocky

What Guys Said 2

• I definitely agree, there is just lots of things that are true but nobody would openly agree because they are unpopular. I run into that very often when I try to discuss something with people I would not call smart and are considered popular or mainstream. If I tell someone that he is the reason to the world dying when he drops some plastic and refuses to pick it up he gets mad and tells me "lol 1 pece of plestik won't kill wurld ayy lmao". Then he gets offended if I tell him that it DOES kill the world if millions of people think the same bullshit. Then I get marked as some kind of enviromental fanatic because people love to openly label others if they don't agree with their opinions (or even facts).

Same goes for the woman/man equality thing. Man is stronger than woman, that's a fact. Nobody will ever agree with you on that openly. I don't think there is anything fair on this planet but everyone wants everything to be perfectly balanced and fair. The fact is: It isn't and it will probably never be, and we have to deal with that instead of living in our little "perfect" imaginary bullshit world of popular opinions.

(In case I just offended some of you then I have to say that if you get offended by neutrally presented facts then I don't feel like you should be able to talk openly anyways. I treat women as equal as I can but there is differences, accept that.)

• I can agree with that, some things are just the way they are and will always be