Day in the life of a model?

What's it like?

0|0
7|1

Most Helpful Girl

• - get up at 6 to be at the set at 8 so they can start shooting at 10
    - all the styling is annoying and I found that it damages your hair a lot
    - then it's just getting dressed, posing, changing clothes, topping up make-up, posing again until everybody is happy with the results, photographers can give you pretty stupid comments if you don't give them the right facial expression they want right away
    - afterwards you often get invited to go for after work drinks but really all you will probably want to do is just go home and get a rest
    - castings are the worst because it really makes you realise how strong the competition is and can just totally ruin your mood & self esteem for the day if you don't get the job

I think a lot of people underestimate how hard you actually have to work as a model to make enough money to survive, many don't - even most runway jobs won't give you much more than 200-300$ really.. I don't know what it's like if you're really famous in the industry tho since that should give you an enormous advantage over the competition and in terms of wages!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• I hear if you get really good and start doing high fashion that they often don't actually pay you.
    But I hear that they wake up. Go on go sees. And that's it.
    If they have a job thy wake up, go to their job. Do the job and then do what they want with their free time.

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of drinking green shit and jogging I imagine

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to be one, got out while I could. Everyone thinks it's all fun and games but that profession will kick your ass and beat you to the ground if you let it.

0|0
    0|0
  • What do you think? They work out for a few hours and then they do stuff they want

0|0
    0|0
  • Hour long photo shoots, stints of not being paid, restricted diet, pressure on looks, constant criticism.

0|0
    0|0
  • -stressful
    -long hours
    -very routinely
    -demanding
    -can be annoying at times

But other then that, it's fun, it's glamorous (sometimes), it's just not all fun games. Work hard, play hard.

2|0
    0|0