Day in the life of a model?

What's it like?

Most Helpful Girl

• - get up at 6 to be at the set at 8 so they can start shooting at 10
    - all the styling is annoying and I found that it damages your hair a lot
    - then it's just getting dressed, posing, changing clothes, topping up make-up, posing again until everybody is happy with the results, photographers can give you pretty stupid comments if you don't give them the right facial expression they want right away
    - afterwards you often get invited to go for after work drinks but really all you will probably want to do is just go home and get a rest
    - castings are the worst because it really makes you realise how strong the competition is and can just totally ruin your mood & self esteem for the day if you don't get the job

I think a lot of people underestimate how hard you actually have to work as a model to make enough money to survive, many don't - even most runway jobs won't give you much more than 200-300$ really.. I don't know what it's like if you're really famous in the industry tho since that should give you an enormous advantage over the competition and in terms of wages!

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• I hear if you get really good and start doing high fashion that they often don't actually pay you.
    But I hear that they wake up. Go on go sees. And that's it.
    If they have a job thy wake up, go to their job. Do the job and then do what they want with their free time.

• A lot of drinking green shit and jogging I imagine

• I used to be one, got out while I could. Everyone thinks it's all fun and games but that profession will kick your ass and beat you to the ground if you let it.

• What do you think? They work out for a few hours and then they do stuff they want

• Hour long photo shoots, stints of not being paid, restricted diet, pressure on looks, constant criticism.

• -stressful
    -long hours
    -very routinely
    -demanding
    -can be annoying at times

But other then that, it's fun, it's glamorous (sometimes), it's just not all fun games. Work hard, play hard.