Who killed Hip-Hop?

My generation (1980-1994 babies) or the ones under mine (1995-2009 babies)? Is it males or females to blame?

Most Helpful Guy

• My generation unfortunately :/

There are some exceptional rappers and R&B singers today, but most of them only sing about sex and drugs

In my opinion the 90's was the best time for hip hop.

• It definetely was my man... I miss every second of it

• But you are our target demo. The people who appreciate it the most are you guys... I personally dont really like rap past 2007 maybe 2011 THE LATEST but thats also not a fair judgment because most of y'all aren't old enough to be established artists anyway but I see your point kiddo

• When you put it that way, I guess it's both of our generations fault. Yours for making the music, and mine for making it popular.

What Girls Said 5

• I would blame both because most of the kids born between 1995-2009 seem to enjoy this sh*tty pop music and Nicki Minaj. 😢

• I've never liked hip hop but I do think old Hip Hop is better. Today's is just awfull

• Little wayne

• I killed hip hop :P

• Males in my opinion

What Guys Said 4

• I think the 1995-2009 killed off hip hop, Most mainstream music is terrible today anyways.

• Hunh !! I didn't know it was killed... What makes you say that? (I'm asking this out of excitement, not challenging). But if I had any iota of a hand in doing it, I want to be the proud owner of that service to mankind !!

• Listen to the radio and then listen to a 80s-90s-even early 2000s playlist and compare

• I think I got your point. The hip hop of late 80s and 90s was very different. I did not like it but I would not cringe at their sound. The change in 2000s was pathetic. The VH1 charts would be full of shit that you could not even listen to. Now as of late in this decade, things have shifted a bit. At least in the charts they have. But please be aware I am not one of that modern pop listener. I am an 80s guys and still love Classic and Soft Rock. But I love modern country too.

• *80s guy*

• I don't know bloke, probably whoever framed Roger Rabbit.

• It just died in the 2000's, totally went to shit.