Guys, would you keep in contact with a girl who was clingy/needy during the early stages of dating?

If she was being clingy/needy for whatever reason but took responsbility and tried to change herself, would you give her a second chance or at least try to remain friends with her?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I don't mind when a girl is clingy/needy. However, if it affected the relationship and she gave her word for transformation and kept with it, I would remain with her. That's just my view on the take though.

What Guys Said 12

• i'd try tellin her stop being so clingy otherwise she might destroy it all. if she was keep insistin being clingy, then i'm afraid i had to cut her off.

• Hell, no. I dated someone like that once. She used to call me 15-20 times a day, even on the days when we saw each other. She lost her job because of the excessive number of personal phone calls she made while she was supposed to be working. It didn't even last a month. I saw no possibility that she would change. I almost had to take out a restraining order against her. The last I heard she had her kids taken away from her because she tried to strangle her oldest son.

Bullet dodged.

• Yes i like and don't mind clingy girls i think that's so adorable
    Yes i would stay in contact with a woman that i love how could
    i be any different?

• I would extract myself quickly

• To what degree is she clingy/ needy?

Why?

Does this behaviour persist beyond the early stages?

Once went out with a girl who had more need to communicate than I thought normal but the reason was obvious when you understood her previous relationship and as time went by she relaxed and became a lot less needy.

• Depends on how clingy they are and my level of interest

• Where are these women at?

• No I probably wouldn't cut it off ubless she was being crazy

• I think it's okay to be clingy in the early stages of a relationship. Needy, not so much.

• well as long as she tries to work the relationship out, i would give her a second chance.

• Yes it just means that she loves me and I wouldn't hate it I love having her around it would make me feel bad if she felt like it was something bad and needed to be fixed

• I've never dated but I think I'd like a clingy girl