Why do I talk in my sleep?

Is it because I'm too stressed about stuffs during the day that when I sleep at night sometimes I'd talk in my sleep? For example, last night my friend came in to borrow an alarm clock and she said I replied about other things and didn't told her where the clock was. I don't mumble nonsense, but I'd talk about other stuffs (when I'm sleeping) when people ask me about things. I just won't reply to their question. And I have zero memory that it actually happened when I wake up the next morning.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, 'Stress' can bring on the mumble jumbles, @mskay... My dad Always talks in his sleep, he has been doing it for years here, dear. He often swears in his sleep as well and having convos with people mom cannot even imagine Who he is yelling and swelling at. When he awakens, he cannot recall at All, Anything he has said in the bed or in his Deep sleep.
    I find that because dad always has and still has things on his mind, that he does this because to really Cannot do This outward in front of mom, because she would have things to say her own way.
    I sometimes just, when asleep, have answered myself and don't recall if someone 'Ask me about things.' And even have sleep walked in my younger days so maybe I was restless or had my own things on my mind.
    Do not worry, you are fine. Jus tpart of your sleep world with things on your own mind.
    Good luck. xx

• Thanks a lot @Paris13 😊

• Oh, so welcome, @mskay, glad to have helped and thank you so much for allowing to share with MHO.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 5

• I did the same thing. I even got up once and got dressed for work (I was a security guard at the time) at 2AM, and my mom stopped me before I left - she knew I didn't have to work. I didn't have any memory of it or why I did it. I think I was on some kind of autopilot or something. But just like dreaming, sometimes your thoughts can vocalize, and you can have a conversation and respond appropriately - enough of you is there for that, but your actual mind is still sleeping. It's similar to an alcoholic blackout. Permanent memories never form.

• Some of us talk in our sleep, even when not stressed. We just aren't sure if we are awake yet... don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you~!

• 0|0
  • No idea. I can't say for sure if I talk in my sleep. But I must not because I've gone camping. So, if I did, it wasn't very loud. Because then others would have heard me and told me.

• I have seen someone who says random sentences while sleeping and it was kinda funny, and if you ask them tomorrow they could not remember what they was saying.

It's normal as i think, but in my experience it happened rare nights

What Girls Said 2

• Uh I can't help but I supposed @paris13 could give some insight about this if she knows anything about it?

• You're perfectly normal.