What's the longest you've gone without sleep?

I think it was about 36 hours for me... then i crashed and took a long nap

Most Helpful Guy

• Sleep and me have weird relationship, I sleep between 2 and 5 hours a day - Sometimes I think I have gone straight through but I may have caught a nap somewhere - The longest I believe I went without sleep was 6 days but I can't be sure.

What Guys Said 17

• I think I have done 40 hours or so.

A friend of mine used to do 72-hour spurts for the hallucinatory effects.

During the process, he invented a drink he calls "essence of live", which is basically 2 liters of red-bull, monster, ginseng, 5-hour energy, B-vitamin supplements, and other various vitamin supplements. He calculated that a 2-liter bottle of it has 1/4 a deadly dose of caffeine (That is, 1/4 the dose at which caffeine would surely kill you. Some people would probably die long before that.)

He would do occasional shots of it.

Then after the whole ordeal, he would sleep for 16 hours and be right as rain.

• O. m. g. I realllly don't thin that's good for you... lol
      So much caffeine aha

• I had to write a computer program for my college class and I had more homework the next day. It was 30 hours or so. Worst days of my life. Then the weekend came and I crashed.

• 68 to 70 hours. Couldn't sleep the day before I flew to Japan, and due to some strangers baby periodically crying and throwing a fit next to me I didn't get any sleep on the plane either. Once I got here, it was daylight so I got this weird second wind or something. Couldn't sleep that night cause I was so pumped about being in a foreign country. When I finally did fall asleep, it was the best sleep I had ever had lol

• Woaah! you went to Japan though! How was the trip?

• Lol yeah it's not too bad

• I once went about 52 hours with no real meaningful sleep. I was a basket case. It was a strange scary almost out of body experience.

• i would say at least 48 hours and when i came home from that cruise
    i slept 11 years straight without waking up.

• Around 35-36 hours... I felt like I would crash in any moment lol
    Why ddi you stay up that long?

• Yeah I ended up crashing... haha
      I was at a uni campus in another province w/ friends and some people brought booze and stuff... just pretty eventful and the only people that slept were the ones who passed out aha xD Then hopped on a plane the next morn so didn't feel like sleeping either :P
      Hbu, why'd you go without sleep for so long?

• Well if you're going to make it a "REAL" punch I guess I need to left even more so I don't feel a thing! :P I'll say "Oh are you trying to tickle me, thats' cute"... as your lawyer I should advise you that saying you plan on murdering me on an open forum won't look good in court haha
      Mmmkay! Let's assume you can balance.. what's important is can you chase after me in those heels lol

Oh you're reading Game of thrones, that's a first lol most people just watch it on tv :D
      So I take it you also love reading?

• hey but then throwing a punch would be like punching a wall. ow! Sigh... I was not trying to tickle you... Grr I'm actually ferocious >:D
      ooiii who said I was gonna murder? I would not murder my own lawyer!! I mean, you'll prob save my butt one day haha. And hrrrm. Heels don't stick to your feet though ^.^ The chase is on.
      Yeahh I know... And they're like "Woah they made a book for Game of Thrones?" haha but nah, I'm not so much of an avid reader (first book not for school since last september) but it was oh-so highly recommended, and I tend to get hooked on things easily...

• 36 hours? I was up for about 16 hours yesterday, but that's because I work on nights and didn't go to sleep when I got off yesterday morning. I'm a light weight compared to you.

• I did 30 hours once in my 20s and slept 17 after , when I woke up I didn't know if it was AM or PM or what day it was, lol

• I don't sleep, especially when I'm in the jungle.

• 36 hours, :)

• Almost got to two days with sleep deprivation. Fell asleep in the end while drinking a Red Bull, awful.

• About 50 hours. I slept for a full day afterwards lol

• I think around 42-44 hours. Don't quite remember.

• 3 days !!! Those days were just awesome. Unforgettable moments !
    I had tour with my college friends of 3 days.

• I think 28 hours maybe more that was the only day of my life sitting on a computer that long! My girlfriend went on a family trip, and we were Skyping the whole time lol

• ugh yeah.. lol sleep!!

• yay thanks, aha
      and I'm okay, pretty warm day... hbu?

• I'm all good just pretty tired!

• I spent 52 hours. suffered from brain damage later on (stupid me)
    DO NOT stay awake unless you had to

• 3 days. was not very good

What Girls Said 4

• Never longer than a day. I value my sleep. Lol

• Close to 48. That was the deepest sleep I ever remember having lol

• It was about 53 hours, at a 3d2n camp. After I went back and took my shower I crashed. That's the longest sleep I've ever had - 14 hours, and I skipped dinner (that day when I came home), breakfast and lunch the next day.

• ha ha ha... yeah when the pressure is on with work... I think I did about 40 hours...:))

• oh man Im not looking forward to working xD

• it happens when you work for yourself... lol!! employed people get looked after... so don't worry..:)) hehe