What Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?

Simple question... Explain WHY <3

• Dunno yo'
  • Chicken
  • Egg
  • Look at all those chicken
  • White and gold
  • 9 + 10 = 21
  • Eelloomeenuhtee Konfrrmmm

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad. Rest assured, they got divorced soon after.

What Guys Said 17

• The cock came first.

• Egg. Eggs predate chickens. And a chicken can only come from an egg, so no matter how you define the exact point the evolved creature becomes a chicken, the egg always must have come first.

• Chicken. If there was the egg, there'd be nothing to keep it warm or protect it and it wouldn't hatch.

• You don't really need a chicken to keep it warm. A squirrel could do it too or the incestor of. the chicken who looked really like the chicken and already had eggs.

• The chicken because there is an enzyme in egg that can only be found in a chicken's liver so chicken had to come first through evolution

• The egg. Usually mutations don't happen while the animal is alive, I mean, their DNA doesn't change, it's innate, so it's created while on the egg, therefore, the egg had to come first.

• After so much time listening to this question I'm starting to think that the person who first asked this question came first.

• The semens came first and then made eggs & chickens.

• God made the first chickens, then they started reproducing via the eggs!

• What we know as a chicken would have come from an egg first as evolution would had birthed each new change through reproduction.

• The egg.
    The first chicken, genetically, as we understand it, was born of something that was almost but not quite a chicken.
    The first chicken, therefore, was born from an egg laid by an almost but not quite chicken.

• I will say the egg came first because that's how the chicken was born from a egg

• Chicken came first. Eggs and sperm are an evolutionary change. First there were animals without that reproduced asexually. Chickens came first.

• The egg. Due to evolution.

• The experts seem to think it was the egg.

• The DNA that contained the genetic blueprint for the creation of an anatomically modern chicken was inside an egg, so the egg came first.

• Egg, cause fish , reptiles stuff

• Dinosaurs laid eggs long before chickens existed.

What Girls Said 4

• The dinosaur!

ROAAAARRRRR!!!

• I'd say eggs because of dinosaur eggs.

• The theory of evolution doesn't support this assumption that "suddenly this new species appeared." Naturally, when the ancestor of the chicken was domesticated, certain characteristics were no longer necessary - through descent with modification, eventually this domesticated ancestor became what we now know as the chicken, which also lays eggs.
    At least, that's how I feel.

• The egg came first.