What Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?

Simple question... Explain WHY <3

• Dunno yo'
    18% (2)14% (3)15% (5)Vote
  • Chicken
    36% (4)55% (12)48% (16)Vote
  • Egg
    9% (1)23% (5)18% (6)Vote
  • Look at all those chicken
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • White and gold
    27% (3)5% (1)12% (4)Vote
  • 9 + 10 = 21
    0% (0)3% (1)3% (1)Vote
  • Eelloomeenuhtee Konfrrmmm
    10% (1)0% (0)4% (1)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
4|18

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad. Rest assured, they got divorced soon after.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• The cock came first.

1|0
    0|0
  • Egg. Eggs predate chickens. And a chicken can only come from an egg, so no matter how you define the exact point the evolved creature becomes a chicken, the egg always must have come first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chicken. If there was the egg, there'd be nothing to keep it warm or protect it and it wouldn't hatch.

0|0
    0|1
    • You don't really need a chicken to keep it warm. A squirrel could do it too or the incestor of. the chicken who looked really like the chicken and already had eggs.

• The chicken because there is an enzyme in egg that can only be found in a chicken's liver so chicken had to come first through evolution

0|0
    0|0
  • The egg. Usually mutations don't happen while the animal is alive, I mean, their DNA doesn't change, it's innate, so it's created while on the egg, therefore, the egg had to come first.

0|0
    0|0
  • After so much time listening to this question I'm starting to think that the person who first asked this question came first.

0|0
    0|0
  • The semens came first and then made eggs & chickens.

0|0
    0|1
  • God made the first chickens, then they started reproducing via the eggs!

0|0
    0|0
  • What we know as a chicken would have come from an egg first as evolution would had birthed each new change through reproduction.

0|1
    0|0
  • The egg.
    The first chicken, genetically, as we understand it, was born of something that was almost but not quite a chicken.
    The first chicken, therefore, was born from an egg laid by an almost but not quite chicken.

0|1
    0|0
  • I will say the egg came first because that's how the chicken was born from a egg

0|0
    0|1
  • Chicken came first. Eggs and sperm are an evolutionary change. First there were animals without that reproduced asexually. Chickens came first.

0|0
    0|1
  • The egg. Due to evolution.

0|2
    0|0
  • The experts seem to think it was the egg.

0|0
    0|0
  • The DNA that contained the genetic blueprint for the creation of an anatomically modern chicken was inside an egg, so the egg came first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Egg, cause fish , reptiles stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Dinosaurs laid eggs long before chickens existed.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• The dinosaur!

ROAAAARRRRR!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say eggs because of dinosaur eggs.

0|1
    0|1
  • The theory of evolution doesn't support this assumption that "suddenly this new species appeared." Naturally, when the ancestor of the chicken was domesticated, certain characteristics were no longer necessary - through descent with modification, eventually this domesticated ancestor became what we now know as the chicken, which also lays eggs.
    At least, that's how I feel.

1|0
    0|1
  • The egg came first.

0|0
    0|1