Do you like your country?

I don't. I won't be missing it all that much. I despise the people and the government, even though I like the history and my city. You can't discuss anything with anyone. They're fascist, arrogant, ignorant, throw you in categories, try to shut you up because you have different opinions. You can't go against majority, or them and their little values will be hurt. They know nothing about history. On the other and, few people do. I see a lot of shit talking online about Turkey, and even though I hate the country, I don't agree with them if what they say isn't true.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I like it quite a lot. Contrary to most people here, I also like our government and political system quite a lot. Of course there are political parties that I hate but I love the fact that Switzerland (as the only country in the world) has direct democracy on a local, regional and national level. I know that whatever the issue is, my opinion will always be heard. I also like the fact a lot that Switzerland's political system is heavily based on compromises. This can be great because it forces people to work together. Contrary to indirect democracies such as Germany or England or America where the ruling party occupies the executive (president/prime minister etc.) and sometimes even a majority in the legislative, we don't have a president or prime minister. Our executive consists of 7 people from 4 different parties with vastly different views. If they want to achieve something, they have make compromises and find some middle ground. This can be difficult and make the political process very slow sometimes (it's much easier if one guy or one party can just decide stuff) but on the other hand you can be sure that once you get a result, it's something that a majority of the country can support.
    I also like the fact that in Switzerland, people trust each other very much. We trust our government, our institutions and also other people just like ourselves. Because this trust is important to people, it also happens rarely that the trust gets broken by somebody. For example if you leave you wallet somewhere accidentally, people don't just pick it up and take it home. Swiss people love being honest and sticking to rules, which I think is a nice thing (though it can feel a bit strange to foreigners, for example when a Swiss person insists on waiting for the traffic light to turn green although it's the middle of the night and you're the only person at the crossroad). I also like the fact that we are a small country and that we consists of different cultures and languages. I believe this makes us less self-centered than people of bigger countries. Swiss people are very international and almost everyone speaks at least 2, if not 3 (or more) languages. I like our climate and some of our landscape, though I'm not into mountains. I've often heard from foreigners that Switzerland can feel very boring. I think that's partially true. Swiss cities are very boring for tourists because they're made to live there (calm, green etc.) It takes time to see their huge charm :-)

• You're lucky to live in Switzerland! Though I heard it was xenophobic?

• No, the people aren't. The people are actually very accommodating towards foreigners. For example if you ask a Swiss person on the street where some place is you're looking for and they speak your native language (especially if you High German, English, French, Italian or Spanish), they will automatically switch to your language. That's something they do very few other countries. Of course there are some racist people but then, racist people are everywhere in the world. The reason why Switzerland is often called xenophobic is because we have extremely strict immigration laws. If you don't have a fix job offer, an admission to a university or a Swiss spouse, it's practically impossible to move here. I'm personally against these strict immigration laws but it's a difficult political question. Our problem is that Switzerland has fallen victim to its own success. It's no wonder that many other people want to move to such a rich and peaceful country. And conservatives are against this.

• All of this ^^ I couldn't have said it better!

What Guys Said 17

• Personally I like my country, we have it pretty good here and I'm able to do what I want, so the freedom is chill and the government is pretty good (even though many dutch complain). But I'm not very fond of the people and culture (if we have any culture to speak of). Dutch music sucks so much, movies are horrible, television is so shitty (only talentless talentshows and celebrity shit). I don't even like the language that much, I find myself thinking more in English than I do in my native language. And I feel that the people tend to be so obnoxious and loud about their opinions even though they have no idea what the hell they are talking about, but maybe that is everywhere.
    Anywho, rant over :p

• South Africa. I hate my country. I don't want to even get into it because it's so sad. 47 people murdered a day statistically, a person raped every several minutes statistically, a government that doesn't give a shit, a majority people that dont know the shit they vote for.., it's bad. Pity, we had the most beautiful country in the world. I pray it gets better in the future, but I highly doubt it (in my life time anyway)

• I like the country, the people are iffy.

• I am proud of my nation and my fellow countrymen, and I love it's history and the tales of how it came to be, however I am very displeased with how it is currently, an indebted and corrupt government, socially there's too much impatience, hipocracy, intolerance and injustice going on. But, in the end it's still my home and I love it simply for that.

• I love the country I'm from (the UK) despite its problems. Although the country I live in (New Zealand) is better on paper I'm just not into it. It's very beautiful but I find it too quiet and a bit boring. I also hate being so far from everywhere else in the world. It does feel very cut off. I miss my home very much but there are various reasons why I can't move back at the moment.

• I live in Scotland and I feel my whole young life is being wasted here. There are many things that I dislike about it... The countryside is boring and the cities are scary urban hellholes. I only things I like about it are our humour, history and culture but it doesn't match up to the cons of this country, though.

However, there are A LOT worse countries in this world. Scotland is a developed country after all so I guess I should be grateful...

• I like Ireland a lot

• Kind of. I lost a lot of respect for Scotland when the majority of us voted no to independence. But still, it's no America and I'm more than proud of that.

• We hate our government because we need them and they fail to fulfill.
    We ignore them when we don't need them.

the second choice gives me more peace.

• Eh, it's alright. England can be quite meh a lot of the time..

• There is no better country than Canada

• I love it. Yeah the government sucks but I still love the country itself

• My country isn't the best in a lotttt of things but I love it it's still home

• O Canada, my home and native land! Not a fan of my current government, but nowhere's perfect.

• I have always said i love my country and not the guys who are in charge

• i like the history and what it used to be but right now , i really don't like it

• I don't think so

What Girls Said 10

• I hate it. I hate EVERYTHING about it. That's why I'm gonna leave as soon as I can and not look back.

• I love my country. There's a lot of reasons to dislike living here; poverty, corruption, government, the heat (its always hot), the life I live (it's pretty boring), and a lot more but hey there's a lot more reasons to love this place. My friends, family, my home is here. There are a lot of good places, good people, and there's a lot of good things to discover. Sometimes I still feel stranger to my own country since I've been living in the same place my whole life. In as much as I want to explore the world, I also love to learn more and experience more what this country (Philippines) has to offer. Whenever I feel like this place has no hope, I remind myself that I haven't seen the most part of it. I have yet to discover it and until then I shouldn't hate a place without getting to know it.

• I love America. I just hate what our government has become and the politicians currently in power, but I still love my country itself. I like how diverse it is, the various geographical features here, the climate where I live, the food, etc. Sometimes the people suck but I know there are rude, arrogant, and ignorant people everywhere, not just in the U. S. so it's not so bad.

• Yes, even though most people here are conservative and has a lot of pervert guys. And no, I don't mean that all Indian guys are perverts :D

• ~*~*~*~*Canada*~*~*~*~

• Meh it's alright.

• Meh it has it's ups and downs. Which I live in the USA.

• I do... grew up here and always liked it
    True North strong and Free :)

• Yes, I love America