Girls, do you think you are the more powerful gender?

In most modern marriages, it's often joked that the guy is dominated by his wife, partly because she is smarter and partly because she controls the sex. Women cause men to drool and do all sorts of things to earn their approval.

Women often joke that they're the bosses but do you believe that women are more powerful than men?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Smart controlling women can be submissive too.

• I'm just a middle person

• Dude... Yes I know a few. I call them power pussies. But the controlling them with sex won't last.

• I'd be ok with it. Lol

What Girls Said 19

• Nope, it's usually still men who are more dominant, especially in the rather conservative countries - However in my ideal marriage there wouldn't even be a 'dominant' one, I want to marry / date someone who will respect me just the way I respect him, not somebody submissive, not somebody dominant (except from in the bedroom lol)

• And in the bedroom? Are you more submissive or dominant?

• well obviously I would prefer someone more dominant

• I don't know any women (who isn't a sick bitch) who would marry someone they can control by denying them sex. If I was a married man and my wife thought that instead of working things out She would just deny me something as if I was a child I would make a point to have an affair😤

• I've heard that it's not deliberate. That women just don't want to have sex if there is an issue. Guys don't really mind but women seem to want resolution before sex. To some guys, this seems like her holding out until he gives in.

• Yeah that's true. But I think it's cause women have a hard time being in the mood anyway with men I think it's easier to just do the three f's fuck, forgive, and forget.😅

• This kind of reminds me of a song from marina and the diamonds : power and control. You should listen to it it will give you eargasms!!!

• I think they're pretty equal... a man can withold sex just as much as any women... whether he chooses to or not is the deciding factor

• No I don't think so. I think in my relationship at least, my boyfriend has more of a say. And I'm ok with that. Not to say that I'm a push over, but I let him have his way about things that don't matter

• Do you think it's true that guys can cut off sex just as much as women can?

• No I think men are more powerful most of the time. Think of countries like China, India, Africa, Saudi Arabia and Europe - the guy is generally more influential then the woman.

• Well where I come from, it's normally the male

• It depends on what gender sterotypes the person accepts and adopts.

• depends on the people not their sex.

• no. no gender is better than the other. we're equal because we're both flawed. we balance each other out

• No one is more powerful than the other. A marriage is about sharing and compromising. It's not a power struggle. And if it turns into a power struggle, then it's going down the drain eventually...

• I don't. It just sounds like common jokes people have somehow made up. There probably is plenty of truth to them but I wouldn't say women are more powerful.

• I think it depends on the relationship and the people, each case is different.

• Women have more power than they realise!

• Yes Woman Rule, but not just over men. They can have that effect on other women sexually, too, trust me, I've felt it before and have given it out...

• They do hold more power in some situations, just as men hold power in others

• In what situations do women hold the most power?

• Ideally it should be equal and I laugh at guys getting pussy-whipped by their wives. I think they should grow a pair. I think that men and women are equally powerful in different ways. Women should not control their husbands like a kid and men should not control their wives. Respect equally its better. I would want to listen and acknowledge a boyfriends needs and wants and firstly, my need is separate bank accounts. I disapprove of joint bank accounts and the sharing of assets that the wife actually morally does not deserve to be entitled to.

Men are entitled to have their needs, boundaries, wants met and respected. Women are also entitled to have their needs, boundaries, wants met and respected.

• I think that both genders are "powerful", just in different ways. Men are more openly and arrogantly powerful and women are more sneaky with their power.

• It totally varies from couple to couple.

• Maybe in some relationships. But in good relationships that last, neither is more powerful, they're one, a team, a force to be reckoned with and powerful together. If one is above the other, it will be misery and then a break up.