How can I convince my mom into letting me have a dog?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whenever I wanted something bad enough, I'd write a paper and make a powerpoint presentation on it. The fact I put enough effort into would make them give in and listen. *True Story*
    However, I doubt you want to do these things, so I suggest simply making an argument for your case. Ask them what they're concerns are and answer with reasonable rebuttals. Make sure you emphasize that you'll take care of the dog so they don't need to worry, and also make sure you are very calm when talking to your parents. Anger makes parents get more stubborn and say no.
    If they are worried about the dog's upkeep money, you are going to need to try and find a source of income, whether that is doing chores for money or babysitting or whatever.

The key point you need to emphasize is that the dog will only bring positive things to their life while you will take care of all the negative things (upkeep, training the dog, feeding him etc.)

What Guys Said 1

• Take her to the pound and make her feel guilty for not saving one. Or go onto www.petfinder.com and talk about how sad they look... how all they need is a home... (Petfinder is a site that lists all the dogs from rescue groups and the pounds around the country)

What Girls Said 2

• Do research on dog breeds and provide her with written proof that the type of dog you want to buy is easy to manage and less work than other types of dogs.

• Prove you're responsible enough for it and that she won't end up taking it for walks and shit. Also try get small jobs like mowing lawns, chores for people, babysitting, just something so you can pay towards its food and upkeep.
    At 14, you getting a dog means her getting a dog. If she doesn't want one, you need to show her it'll be your responsibility and your responsibility alone. Yea she's your mom and will always help you out, but she doesn't want to get lumbered with a pet probably.

• Okay, I will try my best to follow your strategy.
      Thanks!😊✌🏾