If a person owns a piece of land do they own it all the way down to the core of the earth?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a good question. I don't know. I'm sure the mole people living under us wouldn't like surface dwellers claiming their subterranean property, though. O. o

• Lol here in Iceland we have legends of Dwarves Living Under Mountains and Some Even beneath our cities

• You Meant " Dutch Tongue"

• Man, am I confused... Wikipedia says that in modern Icelandic, Old Norse is called "Fornnorræna", but it also says that during medieval times the vikings called their own language "Dǫnsk tunga". Is this correct? I was trying to say in Old Norse that I love Old Norse. lol.

What Girls Said 8

• Lol, probably.

• Technically it is known as mineral rights.

• That is an interesting question. I know in America that's not how it works but I wonder if other parts of the world work like that

• In the United States you don't. You only own down to a certain level. It's the government's way of being able to take any valuable findings such as oil.

• No, this is why "mineral rights " are important in resource development (mining, oil, etc.).

• No, the local government or local shire will always intervene to say the owners only own the surface but not underground, if they detected oil or other things.

• Maybe, since they are meassured in square proportions not cubic.
    An example: Goverment has written that iI own a land of 440 square meters, not cubic meters.

• Technically yes

What Guys Said 4

• No. You only 'own' enough underground to build the foundations for a structure but nothing more. Unless specifically stated.

• I think so - Didn't know about US govt owning land after certain depth, wow

• Yes, if you not owning it, you will float to the earth atmosphere because living things need gravity. The core has the gravity attraction so that you can walk, sit and sleep well in the land you own.

• Actually, yes. You own a plot and all beneath it.