Do you get jealous easily or are you happy for others?

For instance, if your friend gets a job but you dont have one, are you jealous or crazy stoked for her?
Your crush ends up asking another girl out, are pissed off and hating on the girl, or are you fine and happy for him?

Let me know!

Most Helpful Girl

• Happy for them. My friends sister got a better job than me. Three of us, got together, had a little party and took many pics. I don't get jealous of my friends xD

What Guys Said 14

• It depends. If a friend gets a nice job then I would be happy for him or her. I'm not losing anything because my friends are successful. I want my friends to be happy and successful.

But lets say I'm madly in love with a girl and she chooses someone else over me then I would feel rejected and that is not a nice feeling for me. But I wouldn't go so far as saying I would hate anyone, it would more be a sadness that I couldn't be with the one I wanted. But life goes on and it wouldn't be something I would dwell on too long.

• -shrugs- I've never really been jealous of anyone. I mean in the long run what does it really accomplish?

• The first event, I wouldn't be jealous, this friend obviously worked hard, maybe even had a reference and got the job; I'd be happy for them.

Second event, sure I'll be like damn I should've pursued her harder, and told her I liked her or w. e.

I guess I'm just not a salty person

• I've never been one to get jealous of others' success and positive events.

I'm not hateful like that.

• I am usually happy for others - No point in obsessing about things

• In most cases I'm happy for others. I'm not one to get jealous easily but I do get upset sometimes.

• People can be envious and simultaneously happy for others.

• Depends if I think they deserve it.

• Jealous easily lol

• Yeah i can get jealous. But not easily and i know how to keep it all in there and not show any hate.

• I don't get jealous. I just get mad at myself for not achieving up to that level

• I'm only jealous, if I thought I deserved the same, I usually don't

• Ain't got a jealous bone in my body. Don't even really understand the concept but I have had to accept it is a big thing for some people.

• The only reason I don't watch porn is because I get jealous the a chick is sucking someone else's dick and not mine

What Girls Said 3

• I don't get jealous easily. And the times I do get jealous, I always realize that my jealousy is not valid and that I need to get over myself.

If my friends are successful, I'm definitely happy for them. Not once have I been jealous of a friend. What's the point? I'm always stoked when they're doing well because I empathize very easily with people, especially those I know and care for. Actually a few of my friends have told me that they usually tell me all the good news first, because I'm always the one with a really hyped and genuine reaction. Whereas their other friends (or family) might just be all like "Great! Good work :)" i. e. very lukewarm and standard responses.

If a guy I like ends up liking someone else, I MIGHT get a bit jealous depending on how much I like him. But that jealousy never ends up with me going on some kind of rampage or hating on the girl he likes. The jealousy takes form in a more mild and sad way, I guess. Like I feel sad about it, but I accept it and realize that he simply fell for her instead. I can never bring myself to hate on someone I don't really know. I think that the only time I'd actually be mad and slightly hateful is if I actually know the girl and I know that she's a downright awful person. Then I would wonder what he sees in her, and if she somehow has been fake around him etc. But that has never happened, and the likelihood of it happening is very small haha.

So yeah, I'm not really a very jealous person, since I'm fairly self-aware and I can recognize when my feelings are irrelevant or invalid.

• In the first case it would probably rather be a motivation for me to put more effort into job search & the second one I wouldn't really be either of those things, I'd be rather frustrated and stay in bed crying for 3 days in a row *<< exaggerating* lol but I guess there's nothing I can do if he finds the other girl prettier so I will eventually get over it, what else would I do?
    I've gone through a lot of pain so far but none of the situations made me bitter yet, so I guess I just don't really bother too much..

• I don't get jealous of others. What other people have or does not have does not effect what I have or do not have.