Is this conclusion right?

If a school bus driver who is paid $14.38/h works 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week, they make $575.2 a week and if they work 4 weeks they make $2.300.8 a month. If they worked 12 months a year, they'd make $27.379.52 but if you exclude all the holidays and summer break where they don't work, they only earn around $18.293.7. I can't be sure because holidays & snow days can vary by school and stuff like that. Anyway, if they earn $18.293.7 in year, that's 1524.475 per month. The averange rent for a studio apartment in San Francisco is $2,295.

Conclusion: A school bus driver can't affort rent in San Francisco.

0|0
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's very accurate. Rent can be so expensive. Rent should be 40-60% of your monthly salary.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I thought school bus drivers was part time may have another job or benefit

0|0
    0|0
  • Transportation, food and if he has a family school fee etc etc etc all that should add to monthly expenses

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, school bus drivers are considered part time jobs in most places.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, I'd say that's true. They make a below average salary, so would likely have to live in a below average priced apartment.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would he need a studio apartment? Being a bus driver is a job for someone to live in a small apartment by themselves. Most probably have more than one job or a spouse to help with finances.
    Not every apartment is 2,000+ anyways

0|0
    0|0
    • You're right, if they had a spouse and their spouse had the same job they could be able to afford rent.