I'm a girl and I hate it when my guy leaves the toilet seat down, basically we're on the opposite ends of the usual toilet seat debate. Is that weird?

The usual scenario:
Girls want the toilet seat down but guys dislike leaving the toilet seat down.

I don't use the toilet seat at all (when I have to pee, I kind of do a squat as if I'm sitting on the toilet and while my ass is inches away from the toilet bowl, it never actually touches. When I do have to poop, I first wash the rims of the toilet bowl with detergent, diluted dettol, water and dry it off with a tissue... abit tmi I know but y'all might be curious on how a girl doesn't use the seat @_@)
My guy pees standing up but uses the toilet seat when he poops and he ALWAYS forgets to put the toilet seat up =_="
I have always wondered if other couples are the same -> (girl prefers toilet seat up, guy prefers toilet seat down)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it'd be easier to just... well, put the seat in the state you require it to be in.

What Guys Said 6

• As you said the reversal of the usual saga - It is pure habit but I would put seat down as I flushed after peeing

• What if you have the runs? You're not gonna have the luxury to clean the rim at your leisure...

• who says it needs to be up?

• Oh my god. I wish I could show you my public toilet routine and that it wouldn't be weird. You'd be impressed.

• The seat and the lid should be down before you even flush.

• With the lid down before you flush, you woudn't know if all the poop went down properly. I put the lid down after i flush and see that it's all gone.

• Should have another toilet installed. I live at home still, where, in my room, I have my own toilet, so I can do as I please with it

What Girls Said 5

• When you have a significant other they are bound to have habits that drive you up the wall!
    You can't see eye to eye on every thing.

I don't think it's weird that you hate when your guy leaves the toilet seat down.

However, I don't think you should make a big issue out of this.

• My boyfriend's brother gave us a house policy when we were talking about that before we moved in together. He said that if there's more guys than girls, the toilet seat should be left up, if there's more girls than guys, the toilet seat should be left down. Because there's only one girl, we leave the toilet seat up and none of us have an issue with that.

• I think everyone should put all of it down, lid included, after they're done with their business. That's why the lid is there.

• I would prefer to pretend like nothing goes on in the bathroom at all for me or my boyfriend lol

• i always leave the lid on.