If people dislike honesty then why the hell do they ask for it?

This is really beyond me, it happened to me 2 times today, a 21 years old girl was asking if she is fat or not and if she is undatable or not, and I gave her my honest opinion without being mean to her, I literally said "Tbh you are kinda fat, so yeah I guess that you are undatable (for me) ... I have no intention to hurt you or to be mean with you by saying this, I'm just being honest :) " then she started to insult me and telling me that she wouldn't date me anyway ( like if I was the one who is asking lol)

a 13 years old girl asked "I always get made fun of my nose and lips. Is my nose/lips too big?" ... And I literally said "You lips are fine, your nose is a little bit big tbh." ... The asker didn't say anything this time, but I had a dude who is telling me "check yo self" blah blah. But that dude doesn't understand that the way I look doesn't affect my honest opinion because the question is about that girl not about me or anyone who is giving an opinion, and after I explain this to him, he told me that I shouldn't have been honest with her because she is 13 and he claimed that I could come as a bully to her. Seriously? So lying would be a better solution or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend not to answer those questions if I have nothing good to say and if they are really young because even though they want an honest opinion they still get hurt

What Girls Said 3

• When a woman is asking about her looks she's not asking for honesty, she's hoping to hear that she looks good and that's how it is for many women unfortunately.

• Ehhz , it's the internet.

• I know it's the Internet, but if those people hate honesty when why the hell do they ask for it?

• Welcome to GAG, up is down, right is left.

What Guys Said 6

• some people hearin da truth indeed... check another x-ample here on @yourfutureex opinion:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1571113-what-s-your-ideal-gager

he simply gave da DEFINITION of ideal GAGer and he got 4 downvotes. guess those downvoters hate da fact they don't contribute much, and that's y those downvotes

• It is one of those things "Please be honest" is code for "Be gentle" - Out of every 100 be honest request I say the figures are quite low for anyone who can take criticism. The How Do I Look is a minefield I notice I get downvotes just for saying do a bit of toning or fitness work for the last few pounds.

• Because sugarcoating things has become rather popular. Whenever someone I know asks me to be honest I ask them to promise to take responsibility for asking for my honest answer. Afterwards I can get onto them for getting onto me about my answer. I do this for all honest answer questions even if my answer won't hurt them so they can't just predict my answer because I asked.

• Because the honesty might not always be the thing they expect to hear
    It might come hard, making them feel offended even

• no, choose your words better.

• Women don't want honesty. If they ask for honesty, just keep being honest.