Is being very affectionate a sign of psychological problems?

Obviously, I'm looking for opinions. (Although, if you know of any psychological theories on this, add that too.)

My parents, especially my mom think I'm far too affectionate for my age. I'm very touchy feely with people close to me.(Assuming I know theyre okay with it. Unless its my mom. I force it on her. lol) I kiss my mom a lot and I like to cuddle or grab her hand or something. She once told me she thinks I'm "emotionally retarded" and wonders if she did something wrong when I was younger, to result in someone my age being so into touching people.

What do you think? Is mom right? Be honest, it's all good.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a good thing but only if you know the people - With strangers there are obvious dangers

What Guys Said 2

• No, I just think that's how you show you like someone. I hope you'll be blessed with a guy who's equally touchy feely, because that's great!

• Never been a fan of how quirks are labelled as something psychological 24/7. It's like how half of the people in my secondary school were apparently dyslexic. They weren't dyslexic, they were just a bit thick.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm a very very very affectionate person with all my friends and my mom especially. I'll cuddle all my friends no matter the gender. I have some daddy issues though so that could be a part of it. I'm am probably one of the biggest cuddlers in the world, haha. Some people are just really touchy feely. Some people aren't. If you are it doesn't mean that you are "emotionally retarded" in any way.