Girls, Do you want absolute equality?

Are u willing to go dutch on dates and lose a lot of the privileges that makes u double standards in society? I've never met one women who is fair in this issue but just want all the benifits.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, people should pay their own way. Especially if it's only a girlfriend/boyfriend and not a husband/wife.
    Really though, I think men and women both have their roles. Recently the lines have become blurred and everybody just is confused because there are no more dating "rules" or relationship rules. Men and women both have strengths and weaknesses, if both just play their role and play up their strengths while the other plays up there's, I think it'd be good.
    We should all have equality and be treated equally, but that doesn't mean we can't have a certain role in a relationship.
    And as for the man always paying, women should remember he brings home the bacon and she cooks it. Same goes for the man expecting a woman to cook when he isn't bringing home the bacon.

What Girls Said 19

• No, because absolute equality isn't actually fair.

Absolute equality is providing the same service to each person in the doctor's office regardless of their needs. First person got a prostate exam? Oh shucks, every woman that comes in today, I guess you're not seeing the doctor.

We need to be working towards social *equity* so that every citizen's needs are met and represented equally under the law.

• I'm already there. Yes, I can manage to pay for myself. Doors are not too heavy for me to handle and open them for myself.

Guys who do those things, or even just offer to pay, may gain some brownie points but it's not a necessity. If the girl makes a big deal of it should he fail to do so, shame on her for failing to be able to do simple things on her own.

• I've been going dutch and otherwise sharing the costs of dating for the past 15 years. It's weird to me that expecting the guy to pay is still a thing.

• I think this whole equality thing is going a bit too far, but people are, and should be, smart enough to know that a woman can't do everything a man can do, and a man can't do everything a woman can do. Each gender has roles and responsibilities that make it special. If we were to neglect this, I'd imagine things being worse than people really think it is. I respect other people's opinions and this is just mine, but I think women should search for complete respect, rather than equality, especially if equality is gaining them some form of disrespect. Each gender is capable, and each deserves its rights and opportunities. People can take that statement a long way, but equality means different things for different people; the same goes for me.

• Totally agree! I'm independent. I support myself, I don't need anyone to hold my hand through anything. But if I decide to get in a relationship, I expect the man to wear the pants. I'm categorized as old fashioned because I think this way. I believe a man should offer security and safety, and a woman should offer TLC. (Now, i'm not saying women should have no careers or rights though).

• Omg what will I do if I lose the privilege of a free meal... lol.

Anyway, i've never let a guy pay for me, not once in my life and I never will. I don't like when someone pays for me, I don't like owing anyone anything.

• Yes! I actually like helping pay. I don't really go on dates but when i go out with friends it's a similar concept. We either split it, or if they take it I'll get the next one. I hold doors for guys, and do all that stuff anyway so yeah. Sure. I wouldn't mind perfect equality.

• That would still be equality because woman have to endure the agony of child birth.

• I usually pay my own way.

• I am not hung up over equality

• Yeah, I'd prefer going dutch. I don't know what these other privileges are though. Could you elaborate?

• Whats dutch dates?

• I always pay my half.

• Yes. Definitely. I don't even date per se, but I believe in equality.

• I don't personally. I have guy jobs and girl jobs at my house lol. Yard work, car maintenance, garbage, construction and unloading the dishwasher are man jobs. I cook, clean, do laundry, wash the cars, and load the dishwasher. I fear equality would have him try to change that up. We have a joint checking account yet he wants to be the one to pay and I like that too. So I'm against the whole equality thing. Let men be men!

• I always pay for half the dates my boyfriend and I go on

• Why do men always think the woman wants him to pay for dinner? Every single guy I dated was offended when I turned down their offer to pay for the date. Obviously it scratches on their manly ego when you got money for yourself and are independent

• Yes. I do. Very much so. The needs etc of both men and women are equally important in relationships. First date? I would offer to pay half like a garantee if I am a sh*t date.

I am a firm believer of separate bank accounts and its a boundary that should not be crossed. I do not believe in sharing everything. I do beleive in sharing the right things. I beleive sharing your heart, and communicating very important. I do not want to be kept and I am not entitled to a guys income. Its stealing.

• Yes, I'm a fat chick so I don't get those privileges in the first place. They all depend on the man's standard of beauty. Like my grandmother would have been screwed had she been ugly. She place all she had on marrying a man who provided everything for her.

• I think it's natural both sexes are attracted to healthier individuals who will more likely be an asset than a liability down the road. I mean... fat isn't healthy more importantly, and cause more early deaths and poor quality of life than smoking and drinking. ... unless one has thyroid issues and just terrible genes, most of us men see it as a character flaw. A mental issue... like neglecgence and being passive with issues. ...

• Beauty is the same for the great majority of men although claimed to be "subjective" and in the eye of the beholder. And of those 5 percent who like something completely different, I beleive it's a reflection of them...(like they had bad experience tryna get it or they just don't have a chance thus bad emotions are associated with such exotic type of chicks)

Behind closed doors 99 pe3cent of men like the same thing or porn wouldn't have similar looking girls 99 percent of the time. It's a buisness so theyre honest about what draws viewers.

• lol I still don't believe that. I'm hypothyroid and so far, exposing it has made me any more or less attractive. It just provides a medical excuse versus the "eat my feelings" one. I also think there are men who really love bigger women, and not because they can't do better. That's just a label other men put on each other because its shameful to pork a fatty. When I say I'm fat I don't mean morbidly obese, but I have certainly been dumped because I wasn't. My ex left me for a girl who was 350lbs because that's what he liked. You can decide what 99% of men like just because you are a man. You don't know 99% of men. That's like me saying 99% of women like Spanish men because I do, or that they prefer short guys because I do. Simply not true.

• Please, yes! I prefer to split dates because then you're on even footing and the guy doesn't think you "owe" him.

• yes and sex will also be mutual. not some power you hold. a mutual need

• Mutually exciting and equal sex is my favorite. I don't get all the power plays, personally. I think sex can be hard or soft, slow or fast, intimate or distant, primal or spirtual, etc... Without having to fall back on dominance/submission as the only explanation and variety.

• absolutely right
      i only know 0 to a 100 real quick. love rouch and intese sex. as an athlete most of my life i did a lot of high intesity training and it transitioned well into sex lmao. only way i can cum ahahha

hard primal please lol