What is goat milk/cheese like?

I want to try it, but I don't have money to blow (saving for a tattoo) on expensive milk that I might hate. So just curious, but what does it taste like in contrast to regular cow milk? If I get enough good reception, I'll try it. Maybe you'll convert me...

Weird because my grandmother recently told me she loved it, like it has a richer taste.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have heard it is very "Strong" - I would buy very small portions to start off with

What Girls Said 3

• It tastes really alienating, kind of like very rare steak. I did not like it.

• It's not really good in my opinion...

• its very bitter and not very good.

What Guys Said 3

• I never drank goat milk but I often eat goat cheese. It comes in various kinds and tastes.
    Only the very fresh and fat free is a tad less good but tastes differ.

• It's.. well... different. The texture is more crumbly, slightly bitter flavor. It takes a bit of getting used to, but not as long as it took me to like natto. You really have to be brought up liking that stuff...:P

• Goat milk smells like goat, i am not kidding. But I loved it anyway, it's tastier than cow milk. About goat cheese, it's a good cheese that i like (goat cheeses are non-goat smell) nothing to say more.