Piercing my own ear at home, how likely is infection? how can I prevent infection?

i pierced my ear lobe yesterday but its still kinda red and i dont want an infection. and today im supposed to do my 2nd ear. i seriously am gunna do it either way but any suggestions on what to do before or after? i saw a shit ton of youtube videos lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Better to have someone else do it for you, even if you still have it done at home. It can be really easy to screw up the placement of ear piercings when you do them by your self and you could wind up with one piercing further forward or backward on you ear lobe than the piercing on your other ear.

Wipe your piercings with peroxide at two times a day and apply antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin between peroxide cleanings. Other than that just keep an eye on your piercings. If you see the area around them starting to turn red or you notice a lot of puss like discharge from them, see a doctor asap. Those are the two most common signs of an infection.

What Guys Said 2

• For the sake of a few dollars is not better to get it done professionally

• Don't do it go to a professional

What Girls Said 1

• use alcohol.

• thats what i did yesterday and fuck that burned pretty bad. i used it before and after thanks though