Why are GaG users so much kinder than real life people?

so I've been wondering why gag users are so kind whenever someone ask for an opinion about their looks even if they are not attractive at all everyone compliments that person and tell her she's beautiful etc and real life people would call her ugly, gross etc, the last time an obese girl was posting a picture of her body and sooo many guys told her that she looks fine but seriously no guy i know would ever say that an obese girl is pretty not just girls but when a guy ask the exact same question he also gets complimented... i don't understand?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of the askers asking that questions do state "please don't be mean" or "don't be rude" so I just assume they need some reassurance on there look. I would think that hearing other people state that they look beautiful or attractive boosts their self esteem and make them feel better. The people that are commenting don't really mind I assume. If they come across a girl that was really "hot" looking to them, the chances of them private messaging those people really goes to show that they are the "attractive looking ones"

We are on Gag, people are nice on here because 1. They genuinely are nice people on here that you come across or 2. They have a nice persona ONLY for Gag. In real life you can't ideally shut down being a nice person, because you face people every single day of your life, you get days where people need to be mean or unkind. With Gag, you can shut down from a nice persona, just like shutting down a computer.

What Guys Said 13

• Many people are here to give advice, and of course, people into giving advice tend to be open, friendly, and helpful. The people who only care about themselves aren't likely to come here, and when they do, they don't stay for long.

• eh really? I find people are way nicer when it comes to the subject of peoples looks in person, because we tend to be much more afraid of the backlash. A lot of guys are super complimentary online because they are thirsty... but most of the time, the girl just isn't as ugly as she thinks she is.

• Seriously the way I look at the site is we are here to give advice, build up, support and help people not to crush them

• Well I bet some guys genuinely did find the obese girl attractive. Many people don't want to act rude especially when they don't feel provoked but this is a pretty small community of users and I bet most care about the persona they are showing.

• I'm happy that you have this impression, but I don't think that this impression will last very long if you are an active user lol.

• Well, in real life most people don't go around asking people if they think they're attractive. I don't remember anyone, girl or guy, even a girlfriend, asking that. On GaG it happens all the time. And on here most people who don't find a girl attractive probably just won't bother answering the question.

• I think... im blushing baby ☺️☺️☺️

• many of us have been destroyed on the inside, and don't want others to feel that pain ;/

• Lying is not kindness.

• yeah , people give insanely high ratings here

• What planet are you living on?

• I don't know

• Because virgin men come off as patient, kind and understanding.

• lol haha

• :)
      And it is a ruse my dear it is a ruse. Stay away from guys until you are 27! :P

What Girls Said 11

• I get so sick of seeing people say the people on "how do I look" are gross and ugly because most of the ones I see are not either of those things. Yet I see people calling them ugly, telling them to lose weight, picking them apart and to me they look just fine.

Also some men love bigger women, so they may genuinely find her attractive. It may just be their preference.

I think every ones standards are different but if you're thinking that many people are "ugly" then maybe it's something to do with you and not them lol

• I've noticed the opposite

• Maybe the fact that you actually have to look at what you write makes you think twice about what you say, as opposed as wehn you just up and blurt out an offensive oppinion. Also, GAG users are a more limited universe, meaning that the way this site is designed, in a way to enable people from the opposite sex to give helpful opinion and advice one to another, kind of limits the type of people that actually here. Even if there are some rare exceptuona to this.

• They aren't, clearly no one has bashed your answers on her or been a dick to you for no reason. It is the internet and people here actually lie a lot to make people feel better , but it varies a lot.

• because we are here to help

• i m same... here and in the real life... i m honest...

• this is how I am in real life too.

• They are not. You seen the gender bashing posts here?

• I think it's the opposite. I say real life people are kinder than gag users.

• HAHAHAHA I'm the same person on GAG and in real life. Of course, people are going to be nice on here, I mean, they want to be accepted by everyone and get those MHOs.

• Because "real life" people are shitty.