What are your thoughts on Psychics/Mediums/Clairvoyant people?

I'm just curious about any stories people might have with psychics and what your thoughts are on the whole thing.
I've always been on the fence about people like that. I was never sure if I believed in them or not because I'm a very skeptical person, but I've also heard a lot of amazing stories of other people's experiences with them and find it interesting nonetheless.
About a year ago I was at a birthday party where my friend invited a psychic to come read our tarot cards. I noticed he kept glancing at me pretty often and when he read my cards, it was all very detailed and specific to my life, but the craziest thing he said to me was about my aura. He said something like "Your aura is so clear and bright. There's a lot of purple... Are you vegan by any chance?" He said that he was able to tell because vegans seem to have the clearest aura with very distinguishable colours. I was just mindblown because I had gone vegan literally two months before coming to the birthday party. There isn't even any way that someone at the party could have told him because I was still new to veganism myself and hadn't even told my friends yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been to two tarot card readers - I thought one was very good like how did she know that and she predicted stuff that came true - I went back to look for her but she was gone and I went to another one but she was a disappointing, so generic - I probably believe in it but I believe very few are real thing.

What Guys Said 6

• Quite a few of them, I suspect, are just trying to part you and your money (as most clergymen do), but who knows? Maybe some of them really have something? How the fuck would *I* know?

• Well I believe in ceratins psychic. One day I browse on bitwine psychic and I saw her profile it seem true to me. I chat with her one thing take me off back shocked she say I'm deaf how the heck she know I'm deaf and bad things in my life.

• a bunch of scammers trying to make money off of desperate people

• Either they fake it or something is just using them.

• My grandma is nuts and swears she's psychic. I think its bogus. They just read your expressions and repeat what you say later on so you forgot about the time you told them.. That's what my grandma does

• Option one:
    They are fake or charlatans.

Option two:
    They are in contact with daemons, in direct opposition to God (Java or Jehovah).

I actually think option two is worse, but both are bad.

• @Kiwedin

My views are naturally Bible based, hope I made that clear.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe in them... but I sometimes think the powers they use to get that information is a bit dodgy. I mean I used to know a satanic guy who was quite good with these things to and he claimed it's from the devil. I believe him to a certain extent. If we were supposed to know things about the future we'd all have access to that skill. I'm also skeptical of the intentions of some psychics. I'm sure there are people doing it for the wrong reasons.

• They're horrible. They take advantage of people who are vulnerable just to make money. They taint the memories you have of your loved ones by telling lies, and they get involved in things when they have no business doing so (missing persons).