Intruder in your home. What will you do?

Your woken in the middle of the night by an intruder in your home. You dont know if its a rapist, serial killer or just someone after your tv. Your kids are asleep in the bedroom so you must think fast.

• call the police
  • try to reason with the intruder
  • shoot first and ask questions later

Most Helpful Guy

• Dint take chances when it comes to your family. You can make the wrong decision and kill someone who only planned to rob you and live with it knowing they new the risks of entering a home but can you live knowing you failed your family?

What Girls Said 17

• multi task it by calling the police and trying to kill em ahhaa :) wouldn't dare to reason with an intruder 0_0

• i voted C!! i would deal with that intruder then ask questions

• what the fuck i'd shoot whoever it was. especially in the town i'm in. i don't risk anything with my daughter being in the house.

• Kill the bitch just to protect my kids

• I'd call 911 and get to my kids room.

• I would never shoot someone without a real reason, stealing my stuff is not a reason to kill someone. What I would do is try and knock them the fuck out or just scare them away with one of the numerous nasty looking weapons in my house.

• Do you trust your physical strength to know someone out, would you trust your fighting skills to be able to take on a much larger and heavier opponent when your families lives are on the line. No one is afraid of decorative daggers with dragons on the hilt you would be better investing in a revolver for home defence as it will allow you to keep an intruder at a distance.

• The likely hood of someone breaking in to rape my family is pretty high, it happened three blocks down last year and again a month ago to a 80 year old woman. Once again the theft of a tv would bother me for sure but not enough to shoot someone. I would only shoot and have only shot when I thought my family was I danger.

• It's just not what I would do. We live in very different places too.

• My family comes beofore anyone. Their safety is paramount , so i'd kill the intruder by any means i had.

• Beat his ass to the ground grandma style!
    www.freakingnews.com/.../...r-With-Guns--80298.jpg

• Call the police and then hit him with a baseball bat.

• I found myself alone with my young son when an intruder broken in. We hid in the closet and called the cops. When he tried to open the closet door I fired three shots with the revolver my husband keeps in there through the closet door. He got away but the police said I must have winged him as there was blood on the hall wall. It took the pokice two hours to get to my house and I was surprised that it was like your ok so see you later, nothing like csi lol

• You were really brave and your quick thinking saved you and your kid

• I can see there are plenty of Americans who voted.

• Well what are your thoughts?

• Well I couldnt bear to let my kids go through that. A good parent protects their kids

• Probably why I'm not a parent.

• You will get convicted here if you do the " shoot first and ask questions later "

• Never actually thought of that. Thankfully I live in a state with the stand your ground law

• Depends on the state and gun laws.

• This is why I have a gun lol...

• Me too. With the scum out there you neea gun just in case

• Yup, to me they get what they deserve if they try to come into someones home.

• I would call the police.. And If I had kids I would all make them wake up and hide in my room.

• use him/her for target practice
    thankfully i live in Nevada where people have common sense

• Shoot to kill, period.

• I don't know

• I guess that makes you a potential victim

What Guys Said 15

• This is Texas and I have the right to shoot him if he is on my property, and I could also claim self defence. 'Murica.

• Texas has all the best laws

• Toss hand grenades at him. Sure, you might burn down the whole block and kill 42 innoscent bystanders, but that will surely scare him away.

• Thats just a weak attitude you have

• I would say fire bomb the neighbors they suck crap by stealing your yard tools. That'll show the bastard.

• I will somewhere between B and C - Make my presence known, if not the required response from intruder shoot

• I call 911 but this speeds the cops up:
    Call 911, "saying I just shot an intruder, I'm gonna shoot his pal right now."
    They'll be there much quicker.

• Never thought of that lol thanks for the advice.

• Run away and scream for help. LOL

• - I got an axe over here, bro. Want some?

Seriously, it is perfectly okay to use lethal force against the intruder in my country.

• I grab my gun and slowly come up from behind and point the gun to his head. Then, I quietly tell him to get the hell out of my house if he wants to breathe another day.

• What if he turns around before you get up behind or there is more than one intruder?

• Wow! I'm glad you and your family are safe. Yeah. If I have to, I will shoot too. My family wouldn't be able to live without me, so I can't afford to not shoot or shoot and miss - and neither can they.

• Thanks. The neighbourhood has gone to hell. Hopefully will be moved elsewhere by the end of the year.

• Call 911. Grab my handgun and knife, kill the lights, hide in the shadows... they are your best ally

• Haven't you ever seen Home Alone? Everything works out okay in the end. I wouldn't sweat it.

• Have you not seen home alone with Michael Jackson?

• Disarm, incapacitate, call police.

• My two dogs will know before they even open the front gate.

• Are dogs inside or out?

• Probably best if inside. Otherwise, they could shoot the dogs outside, especially if they have a silencer. If the dogs are inside, then people will wake up and it would be more likely to get caught than not.

• Thats good. A buddy of mine has lost a couple of dogs in the past when they were outside. One was poisoned the other was shot by a crossbow. Theives trying to get into his place but he heard them both times trying to get into the house and he turned on the lights in the house and they ran off. But he still lost two good dogs.

• Help him if e search money

• Beat them,

• Throw my girlfriend at the intruder and run away.

• Why not beat the intruder to death using your girlfriend as a baseball bat

• Meh... Ama fucking call the cops