Do you ever avoid answering questions just to avoid confrontation?

Like the religious, feminist, anti feminist, man hating, homophobic or racist ones?

Sometimes they're just so overwhelming and I know if I answer them, then it's going to be an argument with some wack job for the next hour, so at times I find myself just skipping some of them lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I do. Feminists, religious, anti feminist and homophobic. Sometimes I do answer them, because sometimes there's this fucktard with ridiculous claims and then it's fun to answer them, but normally I avoid them. If I get a comment on my opinion from an other fucktard I usually go into discussion till I'm not feeling like it anymore and then ignore him. Gag has to stay fun.

• lol, I do the same, some days I will go into discussion with them but some days I just feel like being a smart ass bitch to those people. Sometimes you just can't help yourself, the stupidity just manages to suck you right in.

What Guys Said 18

• Yes. You don't get a 47% MHO rating by answering those kinds of questions because the Asker is seldomly genuinely curious. They are typically looking for people who agree with them, or they may take the opposite position of what they really think to see what people say. There is a very good chance that you will just be wasting your time.

If I am in a particularly discussion oriented mood, I may take up this kind of thing under gagTakes/myTakes because I think that format was designed more for that kind of discussion (for starters, nothing is phrased as a question and no comment is really treated as an answer). The format is also designed for more pictures, references, etc.. to build a 'case' which is necessary for a meaningful discussion. The take author can frame things in a more limited and specific way, so the comments can "stay on track" if you will. The Q&A medium is kind of asking for stuff to run all over the place (lack of clarity in both question and answer).

I think you are wise to avoid people who are fishing for an argument, which is essentially what most question askers are doing with the whole religious/feminist/anti-feminist/gender hating/racist etc.. Q's. Not only does it avoid confrontation, but it also prevents a colossal waste of time for both parties.

• I learned in speech class (which I got an a in btw) that when a person posts something and hopes hat the answers agree with them, it's called pandering, politicians do it all the time. They say all the right things butttt don't actually do them, they just want to get elected by saying what they'll do, knowing they can't do it

• I don't avoid the questions, but I generally refuse to debate in the comments section with nasty people. I actually recently encountered one of these people; he was an "adult" who was name-calling a 17 year girl because of her opinion on transgender issues.

Because I intervened on her behalf, he actually PM'ed me and tried to insult me too. LMAOOOOO

Some people, man. :)

• lol, god, see that's what I mean by wack jobs.

• I'm working on it; I try to take it in stride and smile it off.

I'm at this level, now:
    media.giphy.com/media/J0DerZrYj0dfW/giphy.gif

• Those guys always freaked me out when I was little, I dk why

• @KidInk4 Look at the bloody guy. That's your reason why; He's a spooky looking dude.

• Yeah, I guess, they don't bother me now but back then I was terrified

• Typically, yes. I've found that most people either aren't willing to or don't know how to have civil and reasonable discussions on such matters. Occasionally I'll respond, but not very often at all.

• Yes cause people come on my opinions with hate
    than it ends up me reporting them and blocking them
    i am entitled to freedom of speech without hate

• Yes if I feel it will disintegrate into a shouting match I will disengage

• Sometimes I leave questions unanswered in order to avoid astonishing stupidity.

• Yeah. Sometimes I still answer them if I'm in the mood for what's to come though.

• I always say whatever I feel like saying.

Doesn't really bothers me what others will think, especially when they actually want to hear an answer.

Religion? Superstition for narrow minded.
    Feminism? Fascist ideology.
    Anti-feminist? Person doesn't wants to give his balls away.
    Man hating? Well, fuck you too, cat lady.
    Homophobic is incorrect liberal pseudoscientific term used by liberal trash. "Phobia" stands for fear; nobody fears homos, healthy straight folks just find them disgusting. More correct is to call it "homonauseous" or something like this.
    Racism? Hating some race just for their existence on planet Earth is one thing and is somewhat dumb, but I fail to see anything wrong with the desire to live separately from other races in one's country.

I genuinely do not give a single flying fuck if someone will get offended, or there will be some negative consequences. I know I hold the truth and that is the only thing that matters.

• i love those questions. i answer them all the time

• Never have I ever avoided a question after opening it.

• lol, so that's how you get yourself into so much trouble in those "how do I look" questions, now we know!

• haha true that, can't back out :D

• i never answer a rating question if i had to give a bad rating. sometimes i enter those religious/feminist questions, check if they can think straight and if not, i troll the hell out of them :D

• I pass over a lot of them, half the time I'm about to respond and then decide I just don't have the desire to deal with the silliness.

• I only don't answer the rate me's of black people. Becz I am not at all attracted to black people I kind of get repelled to them.

So I just don't answer them...

No offence guys... this what my mentality is. I am very sorry.

• Well I do cause its funnier that way

• Yeah. I just skip over them all

• All the time

• Yeah, some of the people one here, honest to god "cough, girlslie, cough"

What Girls Said 13

• I respond to a fair number of them. I don't mind confrontation.

But sometimes I don't, since as much as I enjoy a good debate, rarely do these questions lead to a civil, intelligent debate, and even more rarely does anyone change their mind. Often it just seems pointless and frustrating.

• Yes. Whenever I say that I am "pro-choice", I get attacked by people who think they can turn me into a pro-lif'er.

• yes... i do sometimes... because i know the asker or someone else will start arguing with me... and i still get in trouble even though i avoid some.. but that is just for being honest...

• No, i answer. An argument needs two people , i just ignore confrontational people. People disagreeing with me won' t sway my own view or opinion to their way of thinking. So being confrontational towards me is futile

• Are you kidding? I never avoid confrontation, I love it!

i998.photobucket.com/.../..._lgdy8rJekT1qa4805.gif

• Alllllllllllllll the time. If the entire premise of the argument is so flawed that it would take actual years to work it out, I'm like hahaha nope. I just don't have the energy sometimes you know? But if it's a touchy topic or post, I'll usually at least read through all the comments and follow it to keep an eye on things.

• Yup. Sometimes I just don't feel like the drama that comes with answering those questions.

• yes i do, some people are very stubborn and I don't like when people drain my energy.

• lol it is very draining, I have a habit of answering them and getting myself into these argument too often, so i've learned to skip some now, for the sake of my sanity.

• lol, it's definitely a sad experience, to realize how hateful some people are.

I'm glad you're back by the way, the sites not the same without your pro questions :)

• ha!! I know but haters gonna hate!! Aww, thanks love!! <3 :*

• Just religious questions and ones about abortion.

• Yep I do this small the time

• No. I'm not afraid of argument. It's part of my job anyways.

The thing is, most people don't know how to argue. Especially here, they resort to ad hominem attacks or other logical fallacies without attacking the heart of your argument. Going around it then directly at it, so to speak. When it becomes a run around, then it becomes a waste.

• Yes, when I take a break from debates. Religion, abortion, feminism, all of these are very likely to escalate into heated debates. And often I just don't want to involve myself in such things, especially when dealing with a lazy and uneducated person.