Why is getting a job so farking hard?

Why is getting a job so farking hard? it was never this tough before. if you didn't have expereince it would be like sure come on in and we'll see how you go. skip forward to today it's all about having the degrees/diplomas etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes getting a job can be hard. Are you prepared to accept pretty much any job you can? If you are it will be a little easier.

• Yeah man anything. like. I do not care. anyjob is better than no job. but the requirements to be accepted are unbelievable

• Australia man

• Maybe you should apply at EB games. I know a guy that started as a young man in a EB Games shop and now he has moved up the ladder to become the manager of all the New Zealand stores. He is on big money now and I don't think he ever went to university he just worked his way up.

What Girls Said 3

• Because the economy is crap and everyone is going to university. Nobody wants to go into the trades, despite that being where all the money is now.

• Depends on the type of job, you are going for. Keep in mind you are also facing other competitors applying for the same position.

• It's all them illegal aliens talking our damn jobs that's right FUCKING MARSHANS! Lol

What Guys Said 4

• Society has unrealistic expectations now. Too many jobs require experience but you need a job to get experience. Firms used to train employees themselves but now they expect a new employee to be fully trained on day one. Also too many older workers stay in the work force and do not move aside for the next generation... they prefer to work till you die.

• Starting off in todays climate must be a nightmare

• Well dude, In a lotta countries college is free ;)

• haha I wish college was free here man

• Um I turn jobs down all the time and I'm a high school drop-out. Do you not have a trade/skill?

• I guess it depends where your from man, im just saying all jobs didn't require higher qualifications and gave people with no experience a fair go. today it's all about having that piece of paper or whatever :)

• Job placement rates for college graduates is like 25% and a lot of the time it is for some minimum wage job as a janitor or some shit. That piece of paper used to be worth something but now we got a billion idiots that are functionally illiterate with college degrees. Even Steve Jobs said when giving a speech to a graduating class of college students, "Congratulations, now you can go work for drop-outs."