How big is too big for an airplane?

I am going to be flying with Spirit airlines (airbus), and I was wondering if I should have bought an extra seat.
I am about 5'3 240lbs f
I am neverous as this is my first time flying, and I don't want to be that person who everyone complains about, so I would rather just cancel/ buy another seat if possible.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• You should be fine. If your belt is too tight, be sure to ask them for a seat belt extender. When I was a big guy, I used those and still fit fine.

• If you don't fit, you will get an automatic upgrade to business class or first class for free. I've seen it happen multiple times to people that are big. Don't worry, they won't deny your flight.

• Can you contact the airlines and ask them? I would think they should be able to help you.

• They transport tonnes of cargo in planes, one human more or less makes no difference.

• i own a private jet

• you are fine honz

What Girls Said 1

• you should be okay