Is writing poetry an attractive quality?

I do write some love poems but I mostly write in other generes and I do generally enjoy the process of writing but I ws wondering how others view this hobby

Would you consider it something appealing or simply too nerdy?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I love writing poetry and any girl who can write poetry well that's a huge plus in my book. Plus I like co-writing with people.

What Girls Said 6

• Absolutely! <3

• its cool!!

• It is very attractive! I love creativity in a guy!

• I write poetry, but from my experiences people aren't very into poetry anymore, so meeting someone who is into it is refreshing :)

• Oh Yes I understand :( Sometimes it could get very dull because you want to show someone your talent and what the think of your writings but they would just confess that they aren't interested

But it's cool the likes of us still exist hahaha

• I can relate; I have a notebook with a ton of poems in it, but I don't know anyone who might be interested in reading them, so I just keep them to myself. I could always put them online or something (there are a ton of websites for that) but I get paranoid about doing that because I wouldn't want anyone to steal my work and claim they wrote it.
      So for now, my poetry is for my eyes only, as sad as that makes me :(

• I would gladly read them :)

I have written most of my poems and stored them into my account on a website I usually rite on paper but the issue is that the flow of ideas is so random and sporadic that the poem looks like a mess on paper hahaha and Never has someone stole my works and I think it was a positive experience since people started to comment on my poems and tell me what were the ups and downs and I improved and was more encouraged to write and met more awesome friends

• Over the top! Especially in this day and age. ... you're like a throwback from The Romantic Era... Don't stop writing. .. Ever...😆

• Ofc it is!

What Guys Said 6

• yeah its good... just dont write it for girls who aren't your girlfriend... because then its just perceived as creepy unfortunately

• If u write it to attract girls that's stupid if u r writing it for the love of poetry then it's attractive then

• I have been writing for more than a year now and through all that time I didn't have a crush a date and I am still single and a virgin so no I am not doing it to attract anybody

• It's a good talent man

• Yes it is a very admirable quality

• No clue. Do it for yourself only though. If you like it, don't let what others think, good or bad, derail you. If you like it, keep going!

• If the poetry is good.

However, almost all poetry is bad.

• Well I like to believe my poetry is decent

• The question you have to ask yourself, and this is true of any of the arts, s do you want to make art or to 'be' an artist. The first kind of people can make good art the second kind really just want the status of being thought an artist and the stuff they make is at best mediocre.
      If you really just need to make art you won't care whether other people find it good or an attractive quality, you'll do it because you feel compelled to.

• I do know that this is why the question is "Is writing poetry an attractive quality?" not "Is being a poet an attractive quality?"

I write poetry because I enjoy it I can assure you that however the reason I asked this question here was curiosity after all it's a site you come to see people's opinion what am I supposed to ask here? and it's not like I am going to quit writing if a person told me that it's weird which actually happens a lot in my daily life but nevertheless I continue on creating worlds with a pen and using every line like a stone building a fine piece of architecture lol