What do you think about my music taste?

I'm in class where most of my classmates listen to hip hop and rap so I'm quite unique in this. I listen to mostly rock or punk rock. (Plus many others types of rock but rock music is one big kind). Here are the bands I listen to: Nirvana, The Stones, AC DC, The Breeders , The Pixies, Vaselines, Van Halen, The Smiths, Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Who, Beatles... yup mostly 80's/90's. But from punk rock after 2000's it's Green Day (i know they were here sooner but I connect them with this period sorry) then bands like Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, My Chemical Romance, blink-182 etc. However I mostly stick to the previous generation of rock and punk since I assume that nowadays music is influences A LOT by pop scene and the imagination of fame success and money more than making good music. So, what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• I think that you should be confident in what you like. Music enthusiasts can get extremely snobby about their tastes sometimes, berating others who do not like the same bands. It's very annoying.

I listen to quite a few bands you mentioned, though. AC DC, Van Halen, Blink, Nirvana and quite a few other older rock bands. But on the other hand I also love Japanese pop music and techno which is pretty difficult for other people to grasp without getting weirded out. People just loooove to smack a label on you like that.

Listen to what you like and always take recommendations to heart. But don't let others dictate what you listen to. It's really not worth it.

• great taste in music to me. most of those bands are some of my faves too

• Your taste sounds really individual with good taste in music.

• I think it freaking rocks! While I'm into more old music now, My Chemical Romance are such an important band to me! I like the music you mentioned! I wish I knew more girls who dig that stuff!
    Keep rocking!

• ACDC the best!

• BEST TASTE IN MUSIC people who love sex pistols and AcDc should be rewarded

• people can listen to what they want, i don't care.

• i don' tnow bby

What Girls Said 6

• That's the same music that I listen to. I do listen to other music as well, but rock is my number 1.

• I stick with the new stuff, because I see the struggles that the artists fought through and turned into music; Alex (ATL) lost his brother, Pete (FOB) is bipolar, Gerard (MCR) had issues with alcoholism, Travis (Blink-182) got into a plane crash and wanted to kill himself afterwards, Austin Carlile (OM&M) has Marfan Syndrome and lost his mother to it, Patrick (FOB) has low self-esteem, weight issues, and asthma, and many of them got bullied. It's makes me feel better and give me hope

• I was with you until you said The Smiths. Then I wanted to vomit on the screen. I hate that band so so much, why are they so revered? They are so boring and dull!

• No Queen? :'(

• Its good being different and you have a very good taste in music.

• My family hates the type of music I listen to. I listen to edm so I do fist pump when the beat drops.

3dmnation.com/.../shirtless-dude-fist-pumping.gif