Do girls like video games?

I mean, I know some do but how many girls on average? I say this because it's quite common with men but women seem to be far less interested in that sort of thing.


0|0
9|8

Most Helpful Girl

  • I think this requires a poll. One that only allows girls to answer for themselves. Depending on what type of result you want, I would recommend answers like "No," "Casual Games like Mario Kart or fitness games," and "more serious gamer" or answers that answer how many hours in an average week they play. You may consider sorting out fitness games on those answers as well.

    Personally I'm not big on video games. I play this or that on occaision, but mostly its casual things like mario kart, legos, rock band, or a fitness game.

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

  • I'm not really interested in video games tbh. But some girls sure do, don't know how many.

    1|0
    0|0
  • I'm even studying in school to design video games. B)
    huge gamer haha, and so is my sis and most of my friends

    0|1
    0|0
  • Yes they do. It's almost even, I was reading an article (in March 2015) that said it's like 48% of video gamers are female (while the rest 52% are male).

    1|0
    0|0
  • I do. I'm talking assassins creed, tomb raider, mortal combat as well as the retro games like Mario, duck hunt, Atari games etc. Try making a poll next time, that way you get a more accurate idea and don't have to sift through comments looking for the answer. I think what classifies one as a gamer is based on how much one plays and how often. There are levels to everything.

    0|0
    0|0
  • I think most like them. It doesn't consume me but I like them regardless.

    0|0
    0|0
  • i like to play video games to relax more than anything

    0|0
    0|0
  • I do but most girls don't

    0|0
    1|0
  • Yassssss I love them.

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

  • I mean, I doubt anyone here has ever done a global or country wide census, but yeah, plenty of girls like video games.

    Girsl play a wide range of games, some of the more popular genres I've seen girls play are MMO's and RPG's, definitely lots of story driven single player too.

    I don't see many girls in competitive first person shooters, or fighting games. But I do see a fair few in casual play. More in FPS games, less in fighting games.

    I think I've only ever seen 2 female tournament fighting gamers in all my 15+ years of competitive fighting gaming experience.

    0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend like playing mario kart, super smash bros, and the occasional shooter. But super recreational haha she acknowledges she isn't very good :D

    1|0
    0|0
  • There is a user I think called gamer girl

    0|0
    0|0
  • There is no accurate answer on that question. It would require a poll with a thousand girls being asked, making it's results imaginable. What's for sure is, that the girls are the minority and the boys the majority.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Some do, some don't.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Some do some don't. just like guys. I would say 4 out of 10 girls like video games.

    0|0
    0|0
  • girls like them today more than any time in the history of gaming

    0|0
    0|0
  • Let's just say not as many as guys who play games.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...