It's it possible to forget your first love?

I never forget about my first love 6 years ago. Il never forget my first love, it's a long story, but anyways. How do you move on? Do you actually forget about your first love?

Most Helpful Girl

• Forget? Probably not. Besides, that part of your life is a part of you and shouldn't be forgotten. You can get past it though by choosing to move forward. It took me quite a while to get over my "first love", but honestly, it was realizing all the ways that he was not right for me that really helped me move on. I was so obsessed with the passion I felt for him when we were together, and for a long time after, that I neglected to even take note of all the ways we were not compatible.

Now, fast forward about 8 years and I'm in a really healthy, really great relationship and it is nothing like that one was. We don't have the intense passion that I had with my first "love", but what we do have is respect, trust, empathy and commitment, and I am much happier and feel much more secure in this relationship than I ever did in that other one.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. For example, my first love was a self-absorbed, tacky, lame, predictable, whorish loser and forgetting the details of how he is was one of the best things I could have done for my spirit :)

• I'm sorry that kind of person was you're first love, he didn't deserve it, and I hope he didn't hurt you!

• Lol it's okay :) Thanks though. I'm happy he was such an asshole because it made it really easy for my heart to move on and want someone else.

• Lol that attitude 👍 that's great :)

• Never, I have a tattoo in remembrance of him, I see it in the mirror every day.

What Guys Said 2

• You can move on but never forget - I still remember my first love over 30 years ago.

• Oh yes, without a doubt.