Girls, why do they laugh?

So I'm a straight man who likes wearing women's underwear and today I went into Victoria's Secret to buy a swim bottom to go tanning in and the one girl laughed at me. Can't I wear what I want especially in a tanning booth? Don't I have a right to choose what I want without being judged? I'm not hurting anyone.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not common, and our society is still with the belief that men want nothing to do with wearing women's clothes whereas women have transitioned over the last century to be accepted in both men's and ladies' traditional clothes (i. e. wearing trousers and dress shirts).

Men have a lot of work to do to make people believe that this is going to be accepted by making it clear they don't think it's fair to be judged. That will shut a clerk up real quick.

We women had the same trouble for decades when we wanted to wear pants. It literally took a few generations to make it acceptable without judgement. We were in the same position as you, just as you felt. We wanted to wear something and were laughed at or shunned. So though today's generation of women don't understand that since we personally never had to go through it, our ladies in the past took the brunt of it for us.

You guys will have to do the same thing we did in order to feel that acceptance. It's already started with men wearing makeup or having long hair to style. I wonder though if the desire is strong enough in most men to want to do it. I know many would want to just shop without being judged, but it would have to take a lot of men who are willing to stand up and make it a point to challenge society, and it will take time, just as it did for women.

What Girls Said 11

• Maybe buy them online next time. When women are buying women's underwear the last thing they want to see is a guy in the store if he's alone
    And why would you tell the girl working what you were going to do? Why not buy men's underwear for that?

• Unfortunately we live in a world where people are very judgmental. You just have to ignore them and do what you want to do.

• i guess they thought it was uncommon for a guy to wear lingerie

• Of course you have the right to wear what you want, but its sort of unusual to be seeing a guy in Victoria secret buying things for himself. Not many guys wear women underwear.. that's why the lady laughed. Continue to wear whatever the hell you want. Its not hurting anyone so it shouldn't hurt you.

• Yeah I understand that. I just don't know if maybe I said something goofy. She asked if I needed help and I said yes I'm looking for a bikini bottom for myself and made a motion around my waist. I don't know if I presented it off or if she was being unprofessional.

• Yeah I did. She said she would help me out still, but I don't know. The girl that usually helps me came back of break so it was all good.

• Happy all is well:)

• If you're this bothered there's always online shopping... You know 😕

• your not hurting anyone but it is human nature to place judgment on people, places, and things. No one is exempt from this behavior unless they are dead. All you can do is ignore it and focus on what makes you happy.

• Hahahahahahahah

• they probably aren't laughing at you, they are there buying their stuff and I know I kind of do a nervous giggle when I'M embarrassed... so they probably were just embarrassed you saw what they were buying...

• No the worker laughed at me when I wanted to buy a bikini bottom for myself.

• she probably just didn't know how to react...

• People are assholes. Plain and simple. No its not right but if it makes you happy, fuck the haters.

• I guess just because it's unusual?

• No you're not hurting anyone. So what you like