I feel dumb can someone lose intelligence?

a while now i find myself struggling with simple mental subtraction etc I don't know if it was because i was under pressure or am i actually getting dumber?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably you are in a temporary state that will go away. If you have psychological illness, are taking certain medicines/drugs, or aren't living in a healthy way (getting out in the sun and talking to people, getting some exercise throughout the day, eating decently well throughout the day), you can start not to think as clearly.

You probably haven't lost any permanent intelligence. I have thought I have lost intelligence several times in my life, but getting out of my room and engaging in real life helped me.

What Girls Said 4

• This usually comes from the brain shifting to a survival mode. (Fight or flight). It also comes from depression and lack of sleep.

• Not to cause alarm but this happened to a lady I know. Turns out she had a massive brain tumor.

• this just caused an alarm i'm not in America to get any type of treatment but i coulkd remember stuff it's just that my math skills have not been up to par, maybe it's that when doing sales and with people an a hurry it's pressure on me or maybe it's cause i have a lot on my mind

• I bet it's just stress :)

• If you don't use you're brain and do memory tests, and games, you won't stretch you're brain. Try those out and always do that to build you're memory. You have to use it to keep it working sharply.

• yes you can.

What Guys Said 4

• You don't generally lose intelligence, but maybe you need to start doing mental excercises inorder to get the cobwebs and rust off the gears, figuratively speaking.

• Ask a doctor. You may however be suffering from a placebo.

• Grow a backbone girl! Math isn't easy for some people, me included. I hate it, but the more you do it, the better you'll get as long as you learn from your mistakes.

• Lack of practice or excess of weed or a combination of the two can do that.