Can someone plant hidden cameras in your home and use it in court?

This is just a question not pertaining to me but just curious what the laws are in different places. I'm from Ontario Canada. So my question is can someone plant hidden cameras in your home and if they don't have permission to have them in your home can they use it in court?

Most Helpful Guy

• In a civil suit, no.
    In a criminal case, depends on the judge and jury.
    In a terrorism case, yes.

What Guys Said 3

• If you have criminal evidence against them, then yes. You can't just plant cameras and use them in court as evidence if you didn't have reasonable suspicious against them already provided in the court.

• I'm not familiar with Canadian law, but generally only law enforcement can do that with a warrant. If someone did that, then yes, the footage could be used in court, but it would be at their trial.

• No. Not without PC and a warrant. Otherwise it's inadmissible. At least in the US...

What Girls Said 2

• That would be trespassing/breaking and entering, and an invasion of privacy, which are crimes here in Ontario. You'd likely need some kind of court ordered warrant to do that lawfully.

• Unless they're an owner of the home, that's trespassing. I don't think they could use that as evidence.