Anyone else lonely?

Do you ever just have nights where you get a chest crushing sense of aloneness? How do you get over it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh I've struggled with that a bunch of times. I usually end up writing music during those times. The emotions I feel usually work well for writing song lyrics and it makes me feel better after to simply write out my thoughts.

If you aren't into music and don't want to write song lyrics, simply free-writing can help. Free writing is a thing (made famous by psychologist Dr. Pennebaker if I remember) in which you simply write for 20 minutes a day... or when you feel lonely. It's not important what you write about, but it is just important that you keep writing --or typing if you are on a computer. It's like a flow of conscious sort of thing and it often helps. It lets you empty your thoughts onto paper and sort them out.

Good luck! You can get through it!

• this is some deep intellectual stuff

• Thanks. I actually learned about free writing and stuff from Dr. Pennebaker. He taught a psychology class at my university.

What Guys Said 5

• Well u can have meh anyday u like ;3

• Yeah. I usually just try to watch some anime or something. Bury myself in some other feels than loneliness.

• hasn't happened in a while but I used to grab my pillow and hold it tightly next to me ahaha

• Find something to do to get your mind off of it. It always works for me

• yup, and the cure is to simply call text or Skype a friend, or hang out.

• I have no friends o. o

• oh i see, well that can be a little harder but around the boarding school are there anyplaces you liked to go? or anything u and your friends liked to do, i had a lot of temporary friends i never talked to outside of school to. you need to make a bit more of an effortt with the friends you make , hang out do things outside of school, but the cool thing about boarding school would be that u could be right down the hall from ur best friend , i had that when i lived in college, were i met my best friends because i finally decided to put in the effort to get closer,

hope this helps , and keep in , ind just because last year didn't go that well doesn't mean this year won't, and ur a lot more lonely to get closer to the friends u had and or through them meet other people but dont just look in school , if say u liked to read u could find girls your age that u have more in common with.

• thank you. really.

What Girls Said 5

• Girl, tell me about it!
    I do one of these:
    •Eat my feelings while watching cheesy romantic movies
    •Listen to sad love songs
    •Spoon with my pillow
    Or you know, I can also do all of these at the same time cx

As to feeling lonely in general, like not romantic wise, I'm alone most of the time but I don't really feel lonely often (does that make any sense?) but when I do, music & writing help me get through it. Chocolate helps too.

• Okay, so I just realized I'm actually having one of those nights rn... I'm applying the "listen to sad songs while bawling my eyes out" one. I just want chocolate 😭

• Mine does often, and I dont have many friends where I live, let alone a boyfriend or girlfriend. I usually just get comfy and watch a movie or something, keeping in mind I won't always feel that way

• I feel that way sometimes. I just find someone online to talk to. I have a few friends on this site I do that with.

• I'm never lonely.

• i think we all have felt that way. it will get better.