Why do Asian women have such gorgeous flawless skin? What is their diet?

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it from someone who does intense skincare research--makeup is one thing, genetics is one thing, but the thing that gets Asians their flawless skin is their intense skincare regimen. I was obsessed with this for quite awhile. Us Americans are spending money on makeup, while the Koreans and Japanese spend hundreds--if not thousands, on:Skincare. When you walk down the street in korea, you see 50 year old women who look 20. These people take so much care of their skin its not even funny. You get out what you put in--healthy diets play a role in this as well (aka processed food is a big no no for skin). These Intensive skincare regimens include essences, eye creams, anti aging complexes, face masks, double cleansing methods, Intensive moisturization treatments, and much, much more. Sunscreen--the sunscreen they have is 50 spf or higher, 50 SPF (sun exposure is one of the main causes of wrinkles and aging). They take their skin that seriously. Anyone can achieve flawless skin if they work hard for it--that is what these people are doing. Even the men are getting in on some of the skincare action as well. Trust me, if you do your research, you will find answers. I recommend these websites:
    http://blog.peachandlily.com
    fashionista.com/.../12-step-korean-skin-care-regimen
    Hope I helped :)

• I also heard that Asian women don't wash their faces as much or the way we do. The belief is if it doesn't need to be washed, don't wash it, allowing the natural oils to do the work. We constantly wash, exfoliate, moisturize, masque, sometimes more than once a day. That can't always be good?

• On the other hand, its important to moisturize many times daily, but in the right way. Asians go through this long regimen day and night, and use the masks overnight for even better results. The more moisture, the better.

• Beautiful response.

What Guys Said 14

• Well, it's partially genetics but the diet does play an important role I think. Generally speaking, Asians have a very healthy diet (and by healthy I don't mean having fast food "only" once a month). My girlfriend was born and lived all her life in South Korea. She does have a very beautiful and extremely flawless skin. Her diet is very healthy. She eats almost vegetarian and practically grease-free. She also doesn't eat a lot of carb (carbs are known to make your skin less flawless). She also doesn't eat a lot of sweet stuff. She mostly eats rice, veggies a little bit of meat or fish and lots of Kimchi. If she feels like having something sweet, she usually eats a fruit. I feel like her diet and the fact that her skin is very flawless must have a causal relationship... especially if I look at western girls who eat less healthy and don't have such a pretty skin.

• Not deep fried hamburger pizza.

• Asia is famous for many herbal medicines and tonics it would surprise me if they had something for their skin.

Diet wise going by traditional food they eat fish, various kinds of noodles and dumplings, pork, chicken, rice, vegetables, fruit, and quite a few teas made out of herbs, seaweed, rice etc. the meat though isn't cooked like ours is they would traditional male soups out of it or roast it and eat it with rice.

Their diet is quite healthy that combined with their genetics give them that skin.

• The area I live in is highly concentrated with Asian people, and the women especially tend to go to great lengths to avoid sunlight to their face. They wear these visors, even while driving or walking around in public. And a lot carry umbrellas for the sun too.

thetravelingbird.files.wordpress.com/.../...r2.jpg

I also think that they tend to go to greater lengths to moisturize and exfoliate, but really I'm punching above my weight class when I use those terms--I admittedly know nothing about it. LOL

• My mom wears that all the time o_o you can see all ladies wearing those visors at the park in Korea lol

• @mei0313 Haha, yeah same here in my city. Those visors are everywhere!

• Kinda seems weird, I will keep my face beautiful by making it look like a visor... seems incredibly vain too.

• I'd say genetics and not getting in as much chemicals from processed foods compared to westerners

• As an Asian I'll tell you the secret. It's the rice and minimal body hair that makes it smooth as a baby's bottom.

• Not all of them

• It's genetic, I've eaten nearly the exact same diet as those pretty Asian women for years, and I'm still a white person sadly,

• It has to do with their race as well, for all of you who say ''race is a social construct.''

• That's why I love 'em

• They eat a lot of Vegetables. There food is very rich.

• I don't know but that's why I prefer Asian women more than anyone

• they stay out of the sun so they don't get dark

• it's in their genetics

just like indian women have great hair

europeans and americans have nice breasts

brazilians have great asses

What Girls Said 20

• Not all of them do. Mia the girl from the youtube channel asianbeautysecrets said she suffered from acne in middle school. Asian girls just have different cover up tricks to make their skin look dewy , they have sponges that they use to dab bb cream. It is like an air cushion.

www.beautystat.com/.../...hion-makeup-swatches.png

• If you want to know technically, and simply, why, it's this: For thousands of years, Asians relied on a lot of fish and seafood in their diets, and that helped their skin more than anything with the extra Omega3s. Also, a lot of decaffeinated green and white teas meant extra hydration. Rice is full of fibre, so they were able to constantly rejuvenate the skin (among other things cell-wise). All the things we have teased the Asians for in stereotypes have been their key for looking great in to old age, and for living such long lives.

• I personally use facial skin care products for my face and I apply mask 3 days a week. I use lotions and body moisturizer as well. Because I always have to go camping and I frequently conduct outdoor activities, I use sunblock. I don't take much oily food and deep fried food as well. I also heard from my maternal grandma (She's a Chinese) that tofu can help smoothen our skin. Apart from that, green tea also helps to prevent the sun from burning your skin. Drink more water too. Water helps reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles and it helps your skin to glow.

• Chinese and Japanese people tend to have healthier diets in general. It's their culture. Rice, oily fish, vegetables etc are in their diet almost daily with no excess sugar or junk food. Their diet is considered one of the reasons as to why they don't seem to age and they tend to live longer due to it.

• Not all of them have great skin. They use good makeup products to cover it.
    I think it is mostly genetics.
    And they do not eat fast food as westerners. They have their cuisine.
    And rice is very good for the skin. They use it to eat and even as make up product.

• Classified information..

-eating right
    -consuming hair, skin, nails supplements.
    -exercising
    -visiting the sauna once a week

Don't tell anyone :)

• I've been wondering that too.

• Not all of them are flawless but the ones that are are either wearing makeup or do such things as avoiding the sun, use natural face masks, and normally have a grease free diet. But you should really look up Chinese and Japanese cook books.

• Not all of us have flawless skin. I think eating healthy and avoiding strong sun light help. :) and keep your healthy hydrated!! :D

• i think it is genetic.. even if it is not.. i m too lazy to do anything for the skin... haha..

• Not all of them do, I've seen beauty gurus who suffer from acne on YouTube. I think your talking about Asian women from asia not western countries right? In countries like South Korea, majority of the women care a lot about their appearance so going to dermatologist and buying facial products is a must.

• They eat a lot of healthy food... Drink lots of waterrr and of course they also use beauty products that are good for the skin

• Do they? But I have seen Asians with acne.

• Tofu and fresh foods.

• They avoid sunlight, moisturise a lot, even go to the dermatologist to pop their pimples, eat a lot of vegetables and rice. I don't think genetics plays a large factor.

• Genetics and diet for the most part.

• lots of fresh food, fermented food, and lactose intolerance

dairy is a devil on the skin

• It's those omegas in the fish!

• rice fish noodles

• Rice... *filler