Do you believe you are forced to use internet and be active in online communities in our days otherwise you are an outcast/weirdo?

my answer bout it it's here

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a11033-this-is-why-i-believe-80s-90s-were-the-best-times-for-a-human-being

i feel like if i don't belong anywhere, internet-wise, then i feel like an outcast. for x-ample that's y i made a fb account years ago even if i dislike fb, just in order to say "i have fb"... but i hardly use it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about outcast but maybe felt a bit left out - I remember joining FB full of the joys of a forum, an interactive knowledge gathering exercise and all I got is here are my holiday snaps I was so disappointed - I didn't last long on it - GaG was kinda my last throw of the dice in the online world and it has so restored my faith in the online world.

• yeah actually, tbh i got fed up wid online world in 2012, and i said they should fuck off... i'll use fora only for info from now on and nothing more... actually managed to pull it off, since 2012 was my most "internet clean" year... but now i realise how essential it is

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 3

• I had the same pressure from my friends too. I was not interested in FB but everyone was using it. So I opened it but i never used it regularly.
    At the end it did not matter I joined or not.
    Now I do not care if I look weirdo or what. I am cool with not using any online thing.

• Not at all.

• hhah I'm like you! I have a facebook account but I don't use it xD don't worry we're cool 8)

What Guys Said 7

• No I'm just bored and the internet offers unlimited laughs to be had. Not to mention it's a great place to communicate with family members and friends living in other countries/states. There's a lot of information to be learned on the internet for free instead of having to buy ridiculously expensive textbooks like back in the day.

• I don't have an account on any of these social networks. I had a FB account back when it started, and I wasn't thrilled by it, so I canceled it. People act surprised when they hear this, or they would come up to me and say "I couldn't find you anywhere" with their eyes popping out. I got used to it though, because I am cool that way.

• You dont have to do anything like that to blend in or fit in but most want to be up to date and not left behind like a caveman

• that's wot i say... if some1's not usin internet in 1 way or another daily then he may pass as a weirdo

• glad to see u as well :)

• Nah man... i juste use it to spend my time 😂 meet new people around the globe.
    I deleted fb... I only text and on few language exchange websites.. well only one 😂
    Happy that I can love without internet but I will miss my friends from the other side of the world. 😉👍

• I belong to a community one far better then this one could ever hope to be. And it doesn't require internet, this is just a side thing and for helping out folks.

• Yea I do. I made a fb account and i was pretty active on it for a couple of months almost a year. But then i got bored with it, got to college and didn't spent much time on it anymore.

I basicly only use it now as a messenger cause i's easy to reach friends, everyone in college is on it basicly. But I never post/like shit. Not active on it anymore at all.

Basicly an alternative for emailing and texting now

• Ya, like you said, try telling someone you don't have a fb account if you want to see their "do you live in a cave, are you a serial killer, how the fuck does that even happen?" look 😆😆