How to increase confidence?

I need to increase my confidence. I am a total downer about my self. Mostly because of how I look. My body and my overall looks. how can i get over this

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to have patience. Accept that your life will not change over night. You have to work for what you want to achieve. You feel like this most likely because you think you haven't accomplished anything or that you don't look good enough to compete for the ladies or any combination of all sorts of potential negativities.

People find confidence in progression, it gives us insurance that we can make it if we wanted to. An example: I was stuck with criminals and having to lie, cheat and steal to survive. Also destroyed by drug abuse, weak and skinny. This was all like 7-8 years ago. Things are different today, owing mostly to military service and sense of discipline.

Bottom line is, I feel very self confident today. I don't care that I don't have a million euro house or the latest Mercedes. I have 2 jobs and a wonderful social circle. A sense of progression.

What Girls Said 2

• I know how you feel. I'm pretty popular and got lots of friends but people would be surprised how bad my self esteem really is. I guess you just have to look confident. It's pretty easy just walk very casually and don't always look down. And you can always do something to your looks.

• to be yourself and do not judge yourself by other people views

What Guys Said 3

• Use the "fake it 'til you make it" approach. Imagine you are quite confident and happy about how you look, like acting in a play. How would your character act? How would he express himself? How would he dress or make his hair? How would he eat and work out?

It is hard at first but later it will become more natural to perform this role... and eventually, in one magic day, you will realize: "holy sheet, I am really a confident guy nowadays!"

• Just try to learn to accept yourself and hopefully your confidence will grow

• Self-acceptance, radical acceptance, and improve your social competence. If you hypothetically had a son, what are you doing that makes him proud of his father? What are you doing that makes you proud of yourself?