Is fallout 3 good?

I'm thinking on buying it. It's made from the same people who made skyrim (I love skyrim) so I thought I might like it. I was also thinking of getting the Game of the Year edition, so are the 5 dlcs worth the extra £2-5?
id get fallout 4 but I'm poor and can't get a ps4 right now :(

• It's a great game
  • It's alright
  • Meh
  • It's kinda bad
  • It's shit, don't waste your money
I just watched a walkthrough and it's a bit like oblivion. Graphics-wise, at least. I'm definitely gonna get it. Thanks for everyone's opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it's really good. Definitely worth the money.

Most Helpful Guy

• New Vegas is superior in every category. It's literally Fallout 3 done right.

• I made a huge mistake lol. I bought Fallout 3 thinking *that* was the latest edition (except fallout 4)
      fuck. still, it's pretty good

• Curse video games and their stupid numbering systems! It's a perfectly fine game, it's just... Average if you ask me :O
      New Vegas is actually connected to the other Fallouts and stuff, with a much more complex story beyond 3's "BoS good, Enclave bad" idea :P

• Ikr? the mixed up number system strikes again..
      Awesome. :) at least I have another game to look forward to then, considering i can't afford to get fallout 4 anyways

What Girls Said 2

• I loved it!

• I don't know about other people, but I enjoyed playing it a lot.

What Guys Said 8

• If you like skyrimm you will probably like Fallout three (and yes the extra disks are well worth it, without the DLC the end of the game is AWEFUL).

If you played the origional games you will probably much prefer New Vegas to 3. But if you are fresh the the franchise 3 is a good place to start.

• I agree with 3 and New Vegas get the game of the year if you can. They are cheaper than downloading all the DLC's and they are necessary for the full enjoyment haha

• Yes, it's absolutely superb. I've played the entire thing to 100%, including all the DLC. Some of the DLCs are better than others. Broken Steel is absolutely essential, since it extends the main storyline and provides a much better conclusion to it. Point Lookout has some unique items and is worth making a separate character for IMHO.

Here is an extremely useful tip: craft a dart gun as soon as you can. It cripples your opponent's legs, making it very effective against deathclaws which are almost impossible to outrun otherwise.

• Its way good. I thought it was better than Skyrim... And New Vegas fixed a few problems Fallout had and is also really fun.

• Get it brah! Oblivion is the shit as well. Umbra armor ftw. xD

• Get the GOTY edition. The DLC is definitely worth it.

• I loved that game. It's worth it. Play it now so you can continue on playing the upcoming Fallout 4

• Yeah, that's what I'm planning. I can tell Fallout 4 is gonna be the most awesome game ever, maybe better than skyrim

• I voted E) because it has compatibility issues on anything newer than a potato and I hate Bethesda for their horrible region lock practices

• Best game I've ever played. It consumed my summer of 2009.