Who else thinks The Amazing World of Gumball sucks?

I mean just look at these characters. Cartoon Network has always had shows with cheap looking animation but I have literally seen young kids make better shows by themselves. I'm not even that picky about cartoons, I love shows like Uncle Grandpa or The Brak Show which are purely ridiculous and don't even have great animation. But this show isn't even funny, the characters aren't even special enough for me to remember their names. Every one of them basically acts the same, like a hyperactive kid. Even the "parents" in this show have the same hyperactive kid personality.

See what I am talking about? Same stupid expression on every single character's face. They just alternate between sad pouty face and happy excited face over and over and over like they are all suffering from some kind of manic depression. Hell I have manic depression myself and even I have a more normal emotional spectrum. The show Uncle Grandpa gets a lot of hate just because the name implies incest but at least in that show characters each have their own personality and don't all have the exact same facial expressions. What do you think? Do you hate this show as much as I do or do you actually think this is good?

• I hate Gumball, the show is dumb.
  • I love Gumball, squee!!
  • I don't love it or hate it.
Note: Just so you know the reason I am hating on Gumball is because that's what Cartoon Network decided to air new episodes of this week, which means I won't really have anything to watch until Sunday probably.

Most Helpful Girl

• I still love Adventure Time... Pendleton Ward is the bomb sometimes it goes off on some weird tangent but there is a very large complex story arc going on which I love. Bubblegum's past is interesting, why is Finn the only human that survived the apocalypse? is his biological dad even human or even his biological dad? he's weird I don't know.. Ice King's past is interesting and so is Marceline's past and their connection to each other when Marceline was a kid. It's one of those shows where you know it will take forever for all the story arcs to come together finally, but it will be worth it when they do. I feel like a lot of the newer Cartoon Network shows are trying to touch on the same Quirkiness as Adventure Time and just missing the mark. ... also Jeremy Shada is quite attractive tbh.

• I agree Ice King and Marceline have a pretty interesting past but I wouldn't say the story is very complex at all, in fact it's overly simplified, contrived, and doesn't seem to be heading anywhere. They recently revealed Finn is some kind of cosmic being and now he has the power to just will anything he wants into existence. While it sounds cool you have to realize this basically makes Finn a God and now that he's overpowered there is no way to really challenge him that would make sense. I think Adventure Time has suffered from some pretty bad writing due to the fact that the show has been so successful and they probably aren't afraid of being cancelled so they just do whatever they want.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't like Clarence at all, or Uncle Grandpa. My favorite Cartoon Network show is Teen Titans Go. I actually like Gumball. Hate Adventure Time and hate Regular Show. Really, all their cartoons have strange characters!

by the way I have a 10 year old, so I do watch cartoons a lot :)

• Gumball is poop. I can't even sit through an ep.

• Cartoon network is fucking up.

• Actually I think they've done really well by adding Steven Universe, Uncle Grandpa, and Clarence. I think Gumball only ever aired because for a long time all they had was Adventure Time and Regular Show, both of which I think have gotten pretty terrible due to lazy and bad writing.

• Uncle grandpa is horrible, and so is Clarence. The only good shows are adventure time and Steven Universe.

• Uncle Grandpa and Clarence both started off with so much potential but the writing for Uncle Grandpa has not been that good lately and Clarence had problems due to its creator losing his damn mind and going to the looney bin for a while over touching some girl's butt. Steven Universe is my favorite. It has the best story and character development of any cartoon network original.

What Guys Said 3

• This is like the funniest question I've seen in a while. I both agree and thank you for this, I needed a laugh.

• lol maybe I take my cartoons too seriously. :P

• No you don't. My cousin and I say the same thing all the time. Our future kids will completely miss out on classic cartoons like the ones we had growing up.

• At least Steven Universe is good.

• Nickelodeon's stuff is worse, Disney just ended Phineas&Ferb after 7 years

• Go suck an egg.. Uncle Granpa is utter garbage while Gumball is just amazing